Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alex.A 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alex.A.

Author Posts
March 1, 2013 at 8:23 am #108026

Ian

Hi
I have a dual language website. As the language structures are very different, literal translations are not desirable. In effect the pages need to be rewritten although along the lines of the original post. The author and page translator are both set up as Google Authors.

To translate the webpage has it's media duplicated and then the English is rewritten into a completely different article - although covering the same topic.

I want the translator to get the benefit of authorship on the page for she is effectively writing a wholly new article but the author code is copied over from the original document which then shows the author as the English author. That also causes problems as the English author is then contacted by people thinking she can speak and write the other language which she cannot. This is causing some embarrassment.

Is there a way to ensure the translator / second author has their code on the page or at least higher on the page as Google will always take the first author code as being the author shown in the SERPS.

I have tested the page and both authors codes are present and seen by Google - it's just the original authors code is mentioned first.

Help please.

March 1, 2013 at 2:30 pm #108146

Alex.A

I have asked developers about your question. Please hold until they answered.

The topic ‘[Closed] Google Author Markup for Translations’ is closed to new replies.