Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 18, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2746542

wolfgangD-6

Dear support team

I have a simple single-page website in English and German. I know, it might take some time until Google recognizes the hreflang tags. But in the beginning, Google recognized 2 hreflang tags but encountered one error. Now, some days later, Google shows in the Search Console that there are no hreflang tags at all 🙁

Can you please have a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

I enclose screenshots of the header source of each of the two pages as well as the current picture of the Google Search Console.

Thanks a lot for your help and have a nice day

September 19, 2018 at 5:45 pm #2749701

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I just checked your site's source code and I can see it correctly has the hreflang tags included so I'm not sure why Google Search console would not read them.

If there's no error was displayed on the Google Search Console page, I think you should wait a little longer to see if Google will index your page and locate the hreflangs.

You might also want to contact Google support about it.

Let me know what you find out.

Best regards,
Ricardo

September 20, 2018 at 6:34 pm #2753060

wolfgangD-6

Dear Ricardo

Thanks a lot for your answer and checking the site. I'm glad to hear that from the coding everything is as it should be.

"...If there's no error was displayed on the Google Search Console page..."

Well, in the beginning Google recognized 2 hreflang tags and reported one of these as error, it was: "de" - no backlinks

But since then the code was not changed (it's still the same code), but now Google shows zero hreflang tags 🙁

But well, let's wait and see....

Thanks, I'll keep you informed.

Have a nice day,

Wolfgang

September 20, 2018 at 11:49 pm #2753451

Ricardo Alday

If you contact Google support also let me know what they say. It might help other users.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Google does not recognize hreflang tags’ is closed to new replies.