This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mahesh-kumarS 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 7:25 pm #4507081

mahesh-kumarS

Hi, I am using WPML for my site my default language Italian and English is secondary language, I have problem with google search it's showing only in English with mix up in Italian category and all page are linked with Italian page.

How can I resolve this problem, I have searched in support form and find the only solution to disable redirection under WPML setting, And refresh sitemap on Google Search Console. One week passed but there is nothing changed

Can you help me resolve the issue

My site is hidden link

Thanks

September 3, 2019 at 9:02 pm #4507275

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The WPML option redirect bz browser language will cause unexpected results with the Google index. This issue is not cuased bz WPML, it is further related to how Google handles to crawl sites.

In order to obtain a good result using any SEO plugin, we would advise you to disable to redirect by browser language function for now.

More information about this topic can be found on our FAQ:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

Kind regards
Andreas

September 6, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4526877

mahesh-kumarS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!