This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 7:26 pm

kyleE-2

When googling my website it is coming up with the results in a different language. How can we fix this so it's correct? It should be displayed in English. We removed the WPML plugin a while ago but it seems like this might be a lasting affecting from it.

June 6, 2019 at 10:13 am #3968147

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I'm sorry, but WPML cannot control what Google indexes and how it displays results, so I don't have any suggestions for this.

You said you removed WPML so I suppose those pages don't exist anymore? If this is the case, you can try to tell Google to remove them: hidden link

June 6, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3970091

kyleE-2

All of the pages were deleted over a year ago. They are just redirecting back to the English version. I assumed this was a result of the plugin. Theres no where that it would store data that would still be indexed after the plugin was removed?

June 7, 2019 at 10:09 am #3975481

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

WPML does not handle redirects so if this page you see in Google have for example a 301 redirect, it can't be WPML responsibility.

You can check if by any chance the pages remained in the database, but if there is a redirect I think they were deleted.

See in the Yoast options as they manage redirects and also in your .htaccess.