Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 11:10 am #4905143

maverickT

I am trying to: Translate strings in my gravity form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Gravity form (gravity_form-2) is not showing in domain list of string translations

Instead, I got: just Gravity form (2444)

November 8, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4913691

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @maverickt,

In our documentation, we recommanded to translate Gravity Form strings via the Translation Management Dashboard (in a proper translation job) => https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/.

In WPML 4.3.0 we filtered out those package strings in WPML > String Translation because it was not supposed to be edited there and it was bloating the string list.

We noticed that several user were having a different workflow like you. So we will restore this feature in the next minor version.

However, we recommand to translate Gravity Form' strings with Translation Management from now on (because we still want to hide the package strings in the future).

Please check this errata https://wpml.org/errata/translating-layout-with-wpml/ (it applies to all package strings like the Gravity Form ones).

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Pierre

November 9, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4918163

maverickT

Very late reply but thank god you reply me.
I followed the same doc https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/.
to translate all strings, but the labels of check and radio buttons aren't showing in translation editor.
I though they are conditional fields and should be translated using string translation feature.
But still gravity form-2 is not showing and I couldn't find these labels any where, to translate them.
can you please check my system?
please reply ASAP.

November 10, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4921035

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please install Gravity Forms on the following test site in order for me to test the issue in regards to labels for checkboxes and radio buttons?

One-Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 11, 2019 at 10:33 am #4923617

maverickT

Hi Andrew,

The sandbox environment has been ready.
What I am trying to translate is these two checkboxes on home page (please see screenshot).

November 11, 2019 at 6:27 pm #4927393

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I am not sure what happened on the test-site, but the URL provided was supposed to be a One-Click-Login link and I am now not able to access the backend.

Anyhow, I created a new test site and tested, as I was able to obtain the latest version of Gravity Forms Version 2.4.15. The only issue is as it is a premium plugin I do not have access to an API key.
In case your version is still on 2.3.2.2 please make sure to update and check if the issue persists.

Also test, if the issue disappears if you disable additional plugins like Gravity Perks and the GravityView Plugins as an example. If this is the case it might be related to the respective plugin that was disabled as last. Make sure to add this plugin as well to the test-site.

Otherwise please provide the API key in order to use the plugin here:

One-Click Login:hidden link

I do have separate login credentials for this test-site available now. I will then try to recreate the issue. Leave me a short notification.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 12, 2019 at 11:28 am #4931249

maverickT

I may not be able to setup again correctly, but you are pro.
here are the files I have exported through Duplicator plugin.
hidden link
please install them.

November 12, 2019 at 9:47 pm #4935083

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the package.

I was able to investigate the issue and there is a current issue between WPML and Gravity Form Dropdowns which include conditional logic.

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team and I will be in contact once I receive feedback in regards to a workaround or a possible release date for a fix in Gravity Forms Multilingual.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 18, 2019 at 5:36 pm #4967139

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I need to ask you for your assistance. I was going to escalate the issue but it seems we are handling a new issue here.

I am not able to recreate the issue as the Gravity Form plugin is not activated.

Please enter the Gravity Forms API Code on the following test sit in order to activate the plugin and try if the issue persists with our latest plugins.

One-Click Login:hidden link

Let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 21, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4988263

maverickT

My client said the Gravity Form is not pro version.
We have a dev site where the WPML is working fine but not on live site.
The dev site is quite old that's why we can't make this dev site live site.

can I share login details here if this is not a public forum ?
it may help you to understand the issue.

November 21, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4989205

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Gravity Forms is a premium plugin and I would need an API key in order to try to recreate the issue on a new install. This way we can determine if we are handling a compatibility issue between WPML and Gravity Forms.

Also, make sure to update to our latest plugin versions to see if the issue about the labels of check and radio buttons isn't showing in the translation editor persists. Do you experience the same when creating and translating a new form?

Now, at the moment, the recommended and only way to translate Gravity Forms with WPML is using Translation Management. The forms will for now not be included in String Translation as this plugin has gone through some significant changes. Our developers are discussing including Gravity Forms forms into String Translation again but for now, this will not be an option.

If the issue still persists, please make sure to enter the API key for Gravity Forms on the provided test site.

Additional I am requesting access to have a look at your live site.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity form is not showing in domain list of string translations’ is closed to new replies.