This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.13 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 days, 3 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 11:10 am #4905143

maverickT

I am trying to: Translate strings in my gravity form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Gravity form (gravity_form-2) is not showing in domain list of string translations

Instead, I got: just Gravity form (2444)

November 8, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4913691

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @maverickt,

In our documentation, we recommanded to translate Gravity Form strings via the Translation Management Dashboard (in a proper translation job) => https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/.

In WPML 4.3.0 we filtered out those package strings in WPML > String Translation because it was not supposed to be edited there and it was bloating the string list.

We noticed that several user were having a different workflow like you. So we will restore this feature in the next minor version.

However, we recommand to translate Gravity Form' strings with Translation Management from now on (because we still want to hide the package strings in the future).

Please check this errata https://wpml.org/errata/translating-layout-with-wpml/ (it applies to all package strings like the Gravity Form ones).

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Pierre

November 9, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4918163

maverickT

Very late reply but thank god you reply me.
I followed the same doc https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/.
to translate all strings, but the labels of check and radio buttons aren't showing in translation editor.
I though they are conditional fields and should be translated using string translation feature.
But still gravity form-2 is not showing and I couldn't find these labels any where, to translate them.
can you please check my system?
please reply ASAP.

November 10, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4921035

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please install Gravity Forms on the following test site in order for me to test the issue in regards to labels for checkboxes and radio buttons?

One-Click Login: hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 11, 2019 at 10:33 am #4923617

maverickT

Hi Andrew,

The sandbox environment has been ready.
What I am trying to translate is these two checkboxes on home page (please see screenshot).

November 11, 2019 at 6:27 pm #4927393

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I am not sure what happened on the test-site, but the URL provided was supposed to be a One-Click-Login link and I am now not able to access the backend.

Anyhow, I created a new test site and tested, as I was able to obtain the latest version of Gravity Forms Version 2.4.15. The only issue is as it is a premium plugin I do not have access to an API key.
In case your version is still on 2.3.2.2 please make sure to update and check if the issue persists.

Also test, if the issue disappears if you disable additional plugins like Gravity Perks and the GravityView Plugins as an example. If this is the case it might be related to the respective plugin that was disabled as last. Make sure to add this plugin as well to the test-site.

Otherwise please provide the API key in order to use the plugin here:

One-Click Login:hidden link

I do have separate login credentials for this test-site available now. I will then try to recreate the issue. Leave me a short notification.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 12, 2019 at 11:28 am #4931249

maverickT

I may not be able to setup again correctly, but you are pro.
here are the files I have exported through Duplicator plugin.
hidden link
please install them.

November 12, 2019 at 9:47 pm #4935083

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the package.

I was able to investigate the issue and there is a current issue between WPML and Gravity Form Dropdowns which include conditional logic.

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team and I will be in contact once I receive feedback in regards to a workaround or a possible release date for a fix in Gravity Forms Multilingual.

Kind regards
Andreas