Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
November 8, 2019 at 7:34 pm #4916425

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

While revising the copy of your site I realized three errors, that do appear while running the site with the following setup:

- Twenty Nineteen Theme
- Gravity Forms
- Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On
- Gravity Perks

At this moment not any other plugin was enabled. The dbug.log shows:

1) Error between Gravity Forms and Gravity Forms Stripe Add-On

PHP Stack trace:
 PHP   1. {main}() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php:0
 PHP   2. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php:22
 PHP   3. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-load.php:37
 PHP   4. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-config.php:93
 PHP   5. do_action() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-settings.php:525
 PHP   6. WP_Hook->do_action() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\plugin.php:465
 PHP   7. WP_Hook->apply_filters() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php:310
 PHP   8. GravityPerks::init() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php:286
 PHP   9. GravityPerks::register_scripts() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-content\plugins\gravityperks\gravityperks.php:105
 PHP  10. RGCurrency::get_currency() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-content\plugins\gravityperks\gravityperks.php:1243
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: BGN in C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-content\plugins\gravityforms\currency.php on line 108

2) Additional Error when activating Gravity Perks:

PHP Stack trace: 
PHP   1. {main}() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php:0
PHP   2. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php:22
PHP   3. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-load.php:37
PHP   4. require_once() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-config.php:93
PHP   5. do_action() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-settings.php:525
PHP   6. WP_Hook->do_action() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\plugin.php:465
PHP   7. WP_Hook->apply_filters() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php:310
PHP   8. GravityPerks::init() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php:286
PHP   9. GravityPerks::register_scripts() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-content\plugins\gravityperks\gravityperks.php:105
PHP  10. RGCurrency::get_currency() C:\wamp64\www\topforma\wp-content\plugins\gravityperks\gravityperks.php:1243

Now, as those errors also appear while WPML and our add-ons are disabled I would like to ask you to reach out to the Gravity Forms Support Forum and ask if they know about this issue and if they maybe could have a fix available.

If this will not solve the issue, please reach out to me again.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 8, 2019 at 8:17 pm #4916659

antonS-31

Hello Andreas thanks for the feedback.

This is due to the setting of the currency of GF to BGN, as they don't have it as part of their default package. I wasn't aware that this causes an error as the currency has been BGN with Gravity Forms for 4 years or more. It is defined in functions.php i think.

November 8, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4916789

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

In regards to the second error mentioned in my last message, it seems to me that there is a compatibility between Gravity Forms and Gravity Perks. It is not triggered by WPML but might have an influence on our plugins.

For further testing and to make sure if we are handling a compatibility issue affecting WPML, I would like to see if the issue occurs also on a new installation. Anyhow, I still would like to ask you to clarify this with the respective support teams, as this issue will need to be solved on their side.

One-Click Login: hidden link

Please install the following plugins on the test-site:

- Gravity Forms
- Gravity Perks

You may also include your customized child theme for your own testing, if necessary.

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 8, 2019 at 9:23 pm #4916843

antonS-31

Thank you - i'm going to ask them
In the mean time, I'm pretty sure the forms will work without gravity perks, could you try to continue without it?
I just don't want to halt your work at the moment.

November 11, 2019 at 10:55 am #4923923

antonS-31

I have been avised that the best way to edbug compatibility is with the GF Debug plugin - I have downloaded to my dropbox: hidden link

hidden link

November 11, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4925655

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to ask you again to install the following plugins on this test-site:

One-Click Login: hidden link

- Gravity Perks

The WPML plugins and Gravity Forms 2.14.5 are already installed.

Try if you experience the same issue on this test site.

If so, I will need to escalate the issue to our compatibility team.

In cases where the issue does not appear on a new install, we might need further debugging and escalate to our developers for a solution to the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 11, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4925935

antonS-31

Hello Andreas,
I have installed the Gravity Perks plugin (I haven't installed the specific perks that I have running, due to the limit of my license - not sure if I can ask them to lift this for testing perposes).

I have registered GF and added the Stripe add-on.

I have also imported my form .

After that I went to the WPML string translation menu, scanned the GF strings, and the following happened. It did add 2000 or so strings which are from the admin screen of the GF, but not the Form strings.

hidden link

November 12, 2019 at 4:03 am #4928923

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help.

I realized that the dropdowns are appearing on the Classic Translation Editor but they are not appearing on the front-end. Further, I found error logs about issues with conditional logic.

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team and I can see that a similar issue has been reported already.

I will be in contact once I received some feedback.

Please take note that in the first instance I am focusing on solving the issue with Gravity Forms Multilingual. Afterwards I will investigate the Gravity Perks issue, if necessary.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 18, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4966127

antonS-31

Thank you Andreas,
As is it has been a while and my team are eager to start working on the translation - could you let me know if there is a way we can continue translating these strings somehow, even if it isn't the most user-friendly interface?

thank you
Anton

November 18, 2019 at 4:37 pm #4966839

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry, I just had send you a message by mistake.

I will be answering about the Gravity Forms issue in a while.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 18, 2019 at 5:26 pm #4967109

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The form that was provided for debugging was not ideal, as it was very huge and did not use English as the default language.

We have released new versions of our plugins which I have installed into the following test site:

One-Click Login:hidden link

I would like to ask you to recreate a small form to see if the issue still persists. Also, please change the default site language to English and provide detailed steps about how to recreate the form.

Let me know about the outcome.

Please take note again that it is currently not possible to translate Gravity Forms with String Translation. You will need to use Translation Management instead.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 19, 2019 at 8:47 am #4969479

antonS-31

Hi Andreas,
The original issue I had that I can't see any of the form fields in String translation as the dropdown wasn't there. On your test site the dropdown item with form-1 is there and I can see the value strings too.
hidden link

Now, you say that I shouldn't use String Translation for Gravity Forms translation. So I can find it in Translation Management and I see that English is "waiting for translator". I can then find it in Translation and open it , in what I think is the classic translator?
hidden link

As you can see the values are still there, which is risky - is there a way to remove them from translation altogether?

At least on the test site, it seems that this is a possible way to work forward, and I hope I can replicate this on my live site. I realise the form I used isn't ideal but it seems to work with it too, and obviously it's important to me.

Also - can you let me know what was updated, relating to our issue here?

November 19, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4972809

antonS-31

Just following up - I managed to install the beta now, however when I click Translations

I get the new translator instead of the Classic one - is there a way to reset? I deleted the package and created a new job, but it still switched on Advanced.

The other obstacle is that I still see the values and I don't want to have them there, as it will cause confusion etc. I also don't want to do "Translation is complete " in String Translation as they are quite a few!

Thanks
Anton

November 19, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4973785

antonS-31

I can also confirm, that, unfortuantely, the main issue with the form being partially submitted without the last page is still present (this was described in the first message of this thread)

November 19, 2019 at 6:17 pm #4975043

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The WPML TranslatioN Editor setting can be found at WPML -> Settings -> How to translate posts and pages.

Take note that there is an additional setting that lets you determine to translate content that was earlier translated with the Classic Translation Editor using still the same Editor while the Advanced Translation Editor can be used only for new untranslated content.

It is not advisable to switch translation editor for already translated content.

Now, about Gravity Forms and String Packages, we had taken chances and this feature had been excluded. Our developers are currently discussing about reimplementing it again.. For now, the only way to translate Gravity Forms would be to use Translation Management.

Please now, make a backup of your site and complete the latest updates for WPML and anz additional plugin. I would then like to take a new copy of your site and debug it again.

Also, please provide me some more information about the actual issue with the form as I am a little confused here. When you say the translation is working but the last page is not showing up for the original only, do you refer to the Front-End visualization of the form? Did you confirm if the form shows up as expected if WPML is deactivated?

Also, as informed there were errors in regards to Gravity Forms and add-on plugins showing up even when WPML was deactivated. Did you receive any feedback from Gravity Forms support about that?

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity form isn't shown in String Translation’ is closed to new replies.