This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 8:05 am #4049283

Ingo Siewert

I am trying to: Update Gravity Forms Plugin

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 46 of the file /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php. Error message: Uncaught RuntimeException: Language of /www/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/languages/gravityforms-en_US-gform_editor_block_form.json cannot be recognized in /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:46
Stack trace:
#0 /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(84): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get()
#1 /www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(38): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->get_file_locale('/www/wp-content...')
#2 /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->override_jed_file('/www/wp-content...', 'gform_editor_bl...', 'gravityforms')
#3 /www/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('/www/wp-content...', Array)
#4 /www/wp-includes/l10n.php(1048): apply_filters('load_script_tra...', '/www/wp-content...', 'gform_editor_bl...', 'gr

Passed it onto Gravity forms and they tell me its your problem:
"According to the stack trace that error is being generated from the WPML String Translation plugin. I'm afraid this is an issue WPML would need to fix, they will need to update their add-on to support or skip translating strings used by the new WordPress block editor."

June 19, 2019 at 8:36 am #4049581

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Could you please update WPML and all its addons to the latest versions? I can see that you have WPML 4.2.0 installed and most likely other WPML plugins outdated as well. You can check the latest versions here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

One of our clients had a similar error message here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/when-i-wanted-to-edit-page-i-have-fatal-error-message/

And it seems like that they were able to resolve, possibly after the latest updates. Also, you might be experiencing the same issue with WPML not showing you updates ( we had this issue reported) so please follow what my colleague Dennis suggested on those threads on how to fix this.

Let me know if the plug-in update resolves the initial error.

Regards,
Bruno Kos