Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cristina 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
November 20, 2017 at 4:58 pm #1436152

jonathanF-3

We have a bilingual website.

Forms are properly translated & working fine. We were using the default confirmation message after form, but we now want to redirect the user to a more complex page after form submission.

It's working perfectly fine on our first language (French form redirect to french thank you page), but how can we redirect the user to the translated page when the user is submitting a form in the 2nd language ? (English form isn't redirecting to english translation)

November 21, 2017 at 9:03 pm #1437536

jonathanF-3

Sorry, forgot to mention : We are using Gravity Form & Gravity form multilingual plugin

November 22, 2017 at 7:02 pm #1438594

Cristina

Hello Jonathan,

thanks for contacting and sorry for any delays.

There are some issues with Gravity Forms and confirmation messages after payment that could be related to your problem. Gravity Forms can be translated but they do not get the language information to send it after a payment if the user has not previously registered and set his profile langauge.

To be able to see if there is basic problem here (being a payment confirmation the language information may be sent / transmitted differently than with the standard form) I would need some more information about the issue.

I would need some more information about this to be able to see the problem.

I am enabling the debug information box for your next reply. To get some more information about your problem, please fill in the debug information for your next answer. You will find the debug info in WPML > Support > debug information. Just copy the text in the grey area and paste it into the field. This way I can see more about the settings and the site structure.

We have some basic information you may already know:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

November 22, 2017 at 7:25 pm #1438608

jonathanF-3

Hi, here's the debug info. Please keep in mind this is not an ecomm site, or payment related. Just a plain simple contact form on a contact page.

November 27, 2017 at 7:56 pm #1442797

Cristina

Hello Jonathan,

thanks for the debug info and sorry for the delays.

Are you using the Gravity Forms MailChimp Add-On for the mails? This could be a problem, as Mailchimp is not fully compatible.

But I need to check this behaviour on our test pages with the same versions, as I am not sure about the workflow here. I may have to ask the second level about this.

This has nothing to do with the problem I think, but looking at your debug information I see that you have several plugins installed. As WPML needs at least 128M to work smoothly and your WordPress memory seems to have only 40M, you may run into issues with the site when using WPML.

Therefore it is advisable that you increase the memory limit to 256MB by adding this code to your wp-config.php, just before the line with “happy blogging” to avoid performance problems in the backend.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

You will find the minimum requirements for WPML here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Kind regards,
Cristina

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity form : Redirect user to correct language page after submission’ is closed to new replies.