Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Piotr 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
April 17, 2021 at 10:20 pm #8562441

Piotr

Hello,

the url generated by the Gravity Forms merge tag {set_password_url} when "Login and registration pages" translation is on and a user registers from a translated version of the website ("en" in my case) seems to be invalid.

Here is a sample link user receives after registration:
hidden link

Which the system converts into:
hidden link

(note doubled "subfolder", which is a 404 page; my website resides in a subfolder, not in a main folder)

When I manually remove one "subfolder" from the url I am being redirected to:
hidden link

(note that the lang parameter is gone now; I am being redirected to the website default language)

The "Lost your password?" workflow works fine from the translated version of the website; the link received in the email after requesting password reset is:
hidden link

Can you confirm the GF merge tag doesn't work as expected?

April 20, 2021 at 8:27 am #8578593

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I am not familiar with Gravity Forms merge tags, but it seems, it is supposed to replace a URL instead of the tag that you used.

As the issue seems to be related to redirection, I suggest that you test and see if the issue is happening even if you follow the steps below:

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Language URL Format".
- Check the "Language name added as a parameter" checkbox.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks".
- Click the "Save" button to flush the permalinks cache.

See if the problem persists, I do see that in the wrong URL it still adds the language tag but as a parameter that is why I am curious if the method I mentioned will work or not.

If it does not work even with the parameter mode then it might be a compatibility issue and needs to be reported to the compatibility team by replicating the issue on a clean install that I will provide to you.

But if it works then it is the problem of your sub-directory setup and for that, you need to make sure that you follow the steps below:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/cannot-activate-language-directories/

Also, it will help if we have debug information for your website. Would you please kindly follow the steps below to provide the debug information?

- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Debug Information (Link)".
- Copy the Debug Information from there.
- Find the "Additional Data" section below. (Check the screenshot below)
- Click on the "Debug Info" item to expand it.
- Paste the debug information into the text area.
- Click the "Send Debug Info" button.

Screenshot:
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/tmp/debug_info_20.png

April 26, 2021 at 12:04 pm #8624297

Piotr

I will have to test it on the offline version of the website first.

April 27, 2021 at 7:07 am #8630945

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Ok thank you.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the tests I mentioned.

April 30, 2021 at 7:11 pm #8664823

Piotr

I tested my website offline and when switched to Language name added as a parameter the tag {set_password_url} works fine. Moving back to Different languages in directories option restores the issue. Testing WPML with yourdomain/LANGUAGE/?____icl_validate_domain=1 works fine too.

For now I have given up using the {set_password_url} altogether and changed the registration workflow. I will see if the latest GF update resolves the issue.

Thanks anyway.