Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
December 28, 2020 at 8:23 pm #7743943

bryceL-2

I am trying to: We have a form where we collect the details from customer in different slides in English form....It works very well in default language but it doesn't work accurately in translated languages....It skips slides and then moves to complete the form

ENGLISH Link where it works as it should: hidden link

SPANISH form LINK to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

MORE DETAIL EXPLANATION IF NEEDED:

In English the complex forms we've created with Gravity Forms work great, but when choosing a different language on our site (Spanish, Portuguese, or French) the forms seem to have a problem with WPML, as it's skipping some pages/slides.

For example if you're in English (hidden link), it all works and goes through every slide/page.

But in Spanish (hidden link), along with Portuguese & French versions, after doing the contact & address parts, and then when I get to the page about which products I'd like to order, I choose all of them (Filters, Filter Systems, Hand Pumps, and Water Bottles). It should take me next to Filters (first item checked), then to Filter Systems (2nd item checked), then Hand Pumps (3rd item), then finally Water Bottles (4th item). SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT 1.

It skips Filters & Filter Systems and goes straight to Hand Pumps (SCREENSHOT 2) and then Water Bottles (SCREENSHOT 3), and then moves on to the end, which is good that it at least does that. We just need to have it not skip the Filters & Filter Systems.

Also, at the end on the "Order Review" page, the QUANTITY of Pumps (Bomba Manual) are in the line item, BUT the Water Bottle (Botella de agua) along with the Water Bottle Replacement Filters (Filtro de reemplazo) do not show up on that form, which is odd. SEE SCREENSHOT 4.

LINK to SCREENSHOTS mentioned above: hidden link

December 29, 2020 at 7:42 pm #7750361

bryceL-2

Anyone available to assist me?

December 30, 2020 at 8:55 am #7752963

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

thanks for sharing info about your issue, I will do my best to help out.

I see you are using a lot of additional Gravity Forms addon plugins, I am not sure all of them are WPML compatible. As you can see in our official WPML compatible plugins list, only the Gravity Forms plugin is listed:

- https://wpml.org/plugin/?wpv_view_count=120064&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Gravity+Forms&wpv_filter_submit=Search

1) I advise first to contact the plugin author that is used in the build-up of your mentioned form, and confirm if they are working correctly with WPML or some issues are reported.

2) Can you please check if the issue happens when only WPML plugins and necessary Gravity forms addons plugins are enabled, all other plugins disabled?

Please change your theme to the WP default theme and check if the issue happens.

3) Can you please try to duplicate the original languge form and then translate it again following our documentation. Make sure all parts of the form and additional forms you may use in this process are translated completely and correctly.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/
- hidden link

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity form skips slides in WPML secondary languages’ is closed to new replies.