Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janeO 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Author Posts
December 7, 2020 at 11:44 pm #7611401

janeO

we are working in staging and the url for the affected page is hidden link

Our company sells English classes. We have a page that covers auditing our courses and that page is translated into French, Vietnamese and simplified Chinese.

The waitlist form that appears on that page needs to be both viewed and completed in English only. We did not translate the form and in fact have deactivated the gravity forms multilingual plugin as none of our forms need to be translated.

Weirdly only the french and Chinese are showing the translated sections - the Vietnamese appears fine.

screencap - hidden link.

December 8, 2020 at 1:26 pm #7616305

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

I believe that these translations are automatic, loaded from some MO file. Please try the following:
- Go to WPML → Theme and Plugin Localization → Strings in the themes
- Select your theme and click on Scan selected theme for strings
- Repeat the step for the Gravity Forms plugin (and also other related plugins)
- Go to WPML → String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the strings to english on all languages, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you can not find the strings, check it is possible to find it on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let us know if it worked for you.

December 11, 2020 at 3:08 am #7640505

janeO

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!