Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
November 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4882183

Martin Pavlicek

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any option how to translate currency on Gravity Forms.

E.g. I have a Gravity Form in English in GBP and want to translate it to Italian, so I need to translate also currency to EUR.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Martin

November 6, 2019 at 10:50 am #4897329

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello Martin,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate Gravity Forms using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Kind regards,
Carlos

November 6, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4898021

Martin Pavlicek

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no info regarding how to translate the form's currency.

How can I do that?

Best
Martin

November 6, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4898399

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Martin,

Could you describe how did you add the form's currency? This will give me more information about this issue. You can attach some screenshots or a download link for a screencast, so I can have a better understanding.

Regards,
Carlos

November 6, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4901079

jonathanB-17

I have this exact question, too. I have a donation form that is in english and french (translated) and the price and total fields display "$ 10.00 CAD" for both languages. French currency should be displayed as "10,00$ CAD". How do we set the currency format based on the language selected?

November 14, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4948707

Martin Pavlicek

Hi Carjos,

Gravity Forms lets you choose one currency (from list of 30 or more) for all forms you have.
See the screenshot below.
But since WPML offers way how to translate the text in the forms, it should also offer an option to "translate" the form's currency - to be able to use local currency for every language translated.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Martin

November 14, 2019 at 5:56 pm #4949337

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Martin,

I suspect that this currency is a custom field of the form. Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate custom fields using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Regards,
Carlos

November 20, 2019 at 8:42 am #4977651

Martin Pavlicek

Hi Carlos,

unfortunately no, it's not a custom field. I couldn't find it in Custom Field Translation section.
It's a global setting, which is applied to every Gravity form.

I couldn't find it even in String translation --> Translate texts in admin screens.

How to make the currency translatable?

Thank you.

Martin

November 20, 2019 at 11:42 am #4979515

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Martin,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos