This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 7:24 pm #4570505

marcA-10

I updated to Gravity Forms Multilingual 1.5.1 today but then discovered that the conditional fields in the Contact form stopped working for all translations. They continue to appear/disappear in English as intended. After downgrading to 1.5.0, conditional logic fields were restored for all translations.

September 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm #4570519

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. IN the latest update, we fixed an issue where translated option values were not used to update conditional logic when displaying a translated form. Have you translated the option values for the conditional fields? Please try resaving the translations, and let's see if that makes any difference. Please let me know the results.

September 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4580759

marcA-10

Hi Lauren,

We didn't make any changes to the form as we had already translated all form option values, including all conditional fields. This was working seamlessly before the update to 1.5.1 for the add-on. Where do the translations need to be re-saved from?

September 16, 2019 at 3:35 pm #4582089

Lauren
Supporter

Please go to WPML -> String Translation and search for the fields there, and resave the translations. Let me know if this changes anything.

September 16, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4582513

marcA-10

This is a large, complicated contact form with about 854 fields here. Once in String Translations, do I have to add the entire list of fields to the Translation Basket, and then go into Translation Management and save everything as being 100% translated again? Please advise.

I just upgraded back to 1.5.1 and the same issue is happening.

September 16, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4582657

Lauren
Supporter

I would like you to try resaving just the translations for the conditional fields. You can save them directly in WPML -> String Translation.

September 16, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4582809

marcA-10

Please see my screenshot, these are the only options I find when I filter down the form and its fields in String Translation: hidden link I don't see any option on that page to re-save translations, unless you mean I have to send everything to the Translation Basket.

We have several conditional logic dropdown fields, each of which contains about 5-7 options that branch into more conditional logic fields. We also have specific info that is sent to the form's CRM based on what is selected. It's a lot to keep track of and I don't quite understand why we have to re-save these translations manually just due to an update to your add-on.

September 16, 2019 at 6:01 pm #4583055

Lauren
Supporter

Please send me the URL and step by step what you select in the form leading up to the error you are seeing, so that I can try to reproduce the issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 7:21 pm #4583635

marcA-10

We will be trying to resolve this with our developers first; if we come across issues that will need WPML to take a look, I will forward the private login info to you in this thread. Please keep this thread open in the meantime. I just think it's odd that the translated forms' conditional logic works fine if we keep Gravity Forms Multilingual to version 1.5.0, but breaks immediately on upgrade to 1.5.1. None of the field translations or their statuses have changed in the interim.

September 16, 2019 at 8:18 pm #4583803

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the update. I've marked the next reply as private so that you can share credentials if needed. Please keep me posted.

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity Forms Multilingual 1.5.1 is causing conditional logic to break’ is closed to new replies.