Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 68 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
March 2, 2020 at 2:48 pm #5600335

simoneP-19

now the plugin is disabled and everything works. Please if you need to test a form, test only "Tela 2020" wich is not the one used in the frontend but behave the same.
The test you can do is try the tela 2020 form like that and see that the calculation are well done. You can test the preview form from gravity forms. As soon as yo enable the gravity form multilingual plugin it stops to works.
Consider there is no translation on this form or string translation. Anything. I't a brand new form that does not works if you enable the plugin. Stop.
Please let me know what you do since this is a live working site.
Thank you

March 2, 2020 at 3:39 pm #5600585

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I would like to install the plugin Duplicator in order to take a copy of the website and debugging the issue in my local environment.

From there I will consult our second-tier support team about the further procedure.

Let me know if it is alright with you if I install the Duplicator Plugin.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Kind regards
Andreas

March 2, 2020 at 3:50 pm #5600679

simoneP-19

as long as my data are safe and secure you can.

March 3, 2020 at 5:03 am #5604919

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with further information about how we could proceed with debugging your site, as sadly the obtained Duplicator package was not usable, in order to run the site on localhost.

The reason for this might be related to hosting restrictions, but somehow the package did not include the plugins needed to run the site.

Please have a look at my prior message and let me know if you do have any questions.

Also, leave me short notification once the site is migrated.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 3, 2020 at 10:36 am #5606813

simoneP-19

Hi Andreas,
i managed to create a working localhost copy with duplicator.
Even in localhost and disabling all plugin exept for gravity forms, woocommerce and all wpml, the problem persist.
You can download the duplicator package from the site and try again.
At this point i really don't know what is happening.
Furthermore this is heavily damaging my site and online reputation.

March 3, 2020 at 8:28 pm #5611155

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry about the delay but I can not get the site running on localhost.

It is quite confusing for me that I tried to install your more than twice on localhost and the wp-admin only shows a connection refused error.

I also enabled WP-Debug but I do not receive any report, neither any errors were displayed on Front-End, which usually should be the case.

Further, I tried to disable the plugin folders, remove custom files, and anyhow the site is not responding.

Do you have any idea why? I would appreciate it if you could let me know which changes taken on the site's files could lead to such a result or if this fact that I can not use the Duplicator Package could be hosting related (Bluehost).

As an alternative, please follow my prior instructions and migrate a copy of your site to our test server and inform me once the migration has been completed.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 3, 2020 at 9:17 pm #5611365

simoneP-19

i created a localhost server with xamp and used the duplicator to create a working copy. You should use the duplicator copy i created on the site. Now is the only available.
I had a problem with wordfence plugin so i renamed the folder just to disable it, and nothing else. It works. Should work for you too. Please make a test as i told you here removing the wordfence plugin.

March 3, 2020 at 9:50 pm #5611477

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am really sorry, but I used your provided Duplicator Package.

I even tried deleting all plugins and changed towards the Twenty Twenty Theme on the wp_options table of the database.

The page will not let me access wp-admin due to a 500 error.

This error seems not to be related to any plugin, as my local install does not include any plugins inside of the plugins folder at this moment.

Is there any problem with migrating a copy of your site towards our test server? I have sent a private message with access credentials on MARCH 3, 2020 AT 5:00 AM.

Kind regards
Andreas

March 3, 2020 at 10:16 pm #5611511

simoneP-19

i don't think another migration would fix this issue.
If with the same duplicator package i manage to do it, i can't understand why it doesn't work for you.
The error could be for all the plugin. Please don't remove any plugin in the package and test as i've done.
Did you download the package and the install file?

March 3, 2020 at 11:14 pm #5611725

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, I used the Duplicator Package (archive and installer.php) - which resulted in a notification from WordPress that there is an error on the site.

Further, I had to remove the Duplicator install files manually, as something blocked this automatic task.

I also removed the wordfence plugin folder and the wordfence-waf.php file as with those components I was even able to see the Front-End or wp-admin.

Right after, I had access to the Front-End, for a moment on localhost, but I can not access wp-admin.

Right after trying to access the wp-admin I receive ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This error also now shows up when trying to visit the homepage on Front-End.

We do get such issues quiet often and usually, those are solved by renaming the plugin folder(s) or in some cases changing the theme manually.

As I said, I even deleted all plugins, change to a default theme (twentytwenty) on the database and I still can not access wp-admin.

This has nothing to do with my ability to use Duplicator, as we use this plugin each day, it is further an issue with the site, that is not related to WPML or any other plugin.

I am sadly not able to debug this issue this way. Maybe you could provide access to a test-site, where the issue is recreated or maybe a staging?

Further, I would like to encourage you again to use our test-server migration options, as this is the only way, in which I could send the site towards our second-tier or compatibility team.

I am sorry about the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.

Kind regards
Andreas

wp admin.JPG
March 4, 2020 at 10:23 am #5615249

simoneP-19

i started the migration. I hope this will help you to figure it out because i'm not happy at all to share and move all my data around.

March 4, 2020 at 3:16 pm #5618299

simoneP-19

after several hours the migration failed. I don't know what to do next.

March 5, 2020 at 4:57 pm #5628239

simoneP-19

so there is nothing to do?

March 6, 2020 at 6:49 pm #5637271

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering but I had a sick day leave.

I was able to recreate the issue on the test-site but I do have a question here:

I was able to translate your form without issues but I can see the following errors on the page:

NOTICE: For more information about how to gather errors on your site please read this documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Notice: Undefined offset: 121 in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/351980.cloudwaysapps.com/jzfedczsvm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/classes/class-gfml-conditional-logic.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined offset: 121 in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/351980.cloudwaysapps.com/jzfedczsvm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/classes/class-gfml-conditional-logic.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined offset: 251 in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/351980.cloudwaysapps.com/jzfedczsvm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/classes/class-gfml-conditional-logic.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined offset: 251 in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/351980.cloudwaysapps.com/jzfedczsvm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms-multilingual/classes/class-gfml-conditional-logic.php on line 27

Notice: GFCommon::encrypt() ist seit Version 2.3 veraltet! Benutze stattdessen GFCommon::openssl_encrypt(). in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/351980.cloudwaysapps.com/jzfedczsvm/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 

I would like to escalate this issue to our compatibility team, but I need detailed information about which issue you are experiencing when it comes to the functionality of the form.

On my test the translation fo the text strings actually worked without issues while using Translation Management and the Advanced Translation Editor. I then placed the forms by using the Gravity Forms Gutenberg Block and selecting for each page the corresponding form individually on the WordPress page editor. I am also able to send the form and after sending the following error is displayed:

My question, as I do not have admin access to your site, the translation with Translation Management and the Advanced Translation Editor actually works, only there are errors displayed, which actually do not have the influence on the functionality of the form. I am able to select different sizes and materials and the price changes accordingly in both languages? Are you maybe combining the form with

If so there are problems with the functionality or a translation issue please let me know and provide me detailed information. I need to clarify how far the errors impact the function of the form.

In your case, the page hidden link includes the Italian form or an untranslated version.

Can you please confirm that you followed our documentation in order to translate the form by using Translation Management, ATE and finally selecting the corresponding form individually on each page (manual page translation)?

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Kind regards
Andreas

March 6, 2020 at 7:58 pm #5637425

simoneP-19

hello, sorry to hear you were sick, i hope you are ok now.
I don't get any error. The problem is always the same: if i enable the gravity form multilingual plugin, it does not calculate the total in the form.
This happens even with a totally new form without translations.
Now live on the site i disabled the multilingual so you see only italian. I will enable again the admin privilege and the multilingual plugin to show you the beahaviour. I will disable the admin privilege tomorrow morning italian time.

If you see that multilingual plugin affect the calcultion somehow with an error, this is most definitely the reason i don't get the calculated total.
When i say i don't get the calculated i mean it's 0. If you disable the plugin it's perfect.
The weird thing is that in other forms (more complicated) on the site for example the one for fine art prints, it calculates well even if the plugin is enabled.
This is why i created a new form from scratch with the same fields, but somehow the error ramains.

I followed all the documentation and if you see others form works well. I usually use the string translation.
One thing you can improve is something to filter the Label from the Value of the field because this can screw things up.
Please let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.