This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 5:51 pm #4129209

timM-29

Hi,

We are using WPML and Gravity Forms and it’s working great! We do have one small problem though and it involves the email sent to users after choosing to save and continue a form. We have added translations for the content of these emails, but they are still being delivered in the default language.

Any help would be much appreciated.

🙂

July 2, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4130113

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Do I understand right, that the emails were translated with String Translation?

If so, did you verify if the respective strings are assigned to the correct default language (flag icon)? The default language can be changed on the String Translation Module for each domain or selected strings.

In case the translations have been completed as expected, it might be that we are handling with a compaitiblity issue. Could you please try to decativate additional plugins temporarily and test if the emails are sent translated when using only WPML, String Translation, Translation Management, and Gravity Forms including Gravity Forms Multilingual?

Note: Often additional plugins that hook inside the same plugin which inlcudes the issue can cause such problems.

If this will not solve the issue it might me necessary to recreate the issue on a new test site. I have created the following environment. Please add the latest version of the Gravity Forms Plugin. If you find the time please recreate the issue here. I have added a plugin in order to catch the emails. Sent emails can be found at Settings -> Emails Catch All.

One Click Login: hidden link

Let me know about the results.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 3, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4137871

timM-29

Hi, Andreas.

Emails were added through the WPML Gravity Forms Multilingual plugin by adding the form to the translation queue and handling things from there. However, when I conduct a search for the same email content under String Translation, I can also see that the translations have been saved.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

I’ve recreated this issue inside the sandbox you provided. Some notes below:

1. I created a very simple Gravity Form (called test form) in English that allows save and continue and added it to a page (called test page).

2. I then created a German version of this page along with a German translation of the form.

3. If you visit the translation page for this form (hidden link) you will see a string of translated text — “This is the german translation that should be changed in the email”. This is the only string that is different to the English version of the form.

4. However, when completing the form in German and sending a save and continue email, I am still receiving the English text. You can see this in the email logs (most recent email was from the German form).

Thanks. I hope this helps with debugging. 🙂

July 3, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4138517

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much.

I can confirm that the email notification send to the user, after saving the form progress, is always sent in default language (here: English).

I have escalated this issue to our compatiblity team in order to provide a solution. I will be in contact as soon I receive feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 3, 2019 at 7:13 pm #4138627

timM-29

Awesome. I’ll wait for your response. Thank you!

July 3, 2019 at 8:23 pm #4138845

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am glad to be able to help and thank you very much for your cooperation.

As soon our compatiblity team will have reviewed the issue I will be in contact in order to provide a workaround until the issue will be finally solved with a future update.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 18, 2019 at 5:30 am #4235069

timM-29

Hi,

This is still a problem for us.

Do you have any updates on the status of this issue?

One other thing worth noting is that this also affects the confirmation message that is displayed in the browser after a user enters their email for save and continue inside Gravity Forms. This message begins with “Success! The link was sent to the following email address:”.

Thanks.

July 18, 2019 at 9:34 pm #4242453

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided message.

Until now I sadly do not have any feedback. I will be in contact once out compatilbity came up with a workaround or further information in regards to the issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 8, 2019 at 12:05 am #4358659

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Our developers are working on providing a permanent fix for the issue with the next update for Gravity Forms Multilingual.

In the meantime we would like to provide a workaround. Please add this to your theme's functions.php file:

add_filter( 'gform_notification', 'compsupp_4070_notification', 10, 3 );

function compsupp_4070_notification($notification, $form){
	$resume_token = $_POST['gform_resume_token'];
	$resume_email = $_POST['gform_resume_email'];
	$st_context                       = 'gravity_form-'.$form['id'];
	$string_name_helper               = new GFML_String_Name_Helper();
	$string_name_helper->notification = $notification;
	$notification['subject'] = apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $notification['subject'], $st_context , $string_name_helper->get_form_notification_subject() );
	$notification['message'] = apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $notification[ 'message' ], $st_context , $string_name_helper->get_form_notification_message() );
	$notification['message'] = GFFormDisplay::replace_save_variables( $notification['message'], $form, $resume_token, $resume_email );

return $notification;

}

As our test site was not available anymore I did not test the code again, which for I would kindly like to ask you to comment your code or take a backup of the functions.php file before applying the changes. The fix should solve the issue in the meantime. Let me know if you do have any further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 8, 2019 at 6:33 am #4359961

timM-29

Thanks, Andreas.

I’ve added the code as instructed and this has fixed the issue with the contents of save/continue emails. The other issue still persists (as quoted below), but I assume that will also be fixed in the next update?

"One other thing worth noting is that this also affects the confirmation message that is displayed in the browser after a user enters their email for save and continue inside Gravity Forms. This message begins with “Success! The link was sent to the following email address:”."

Thanks again. 🙂

August 22, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4440667

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that our deveopers are still working on implying the changes for the next Graviry Form Multilingual update but I now recogniyed again that there was a second issue for which I had a question.

Were you able to locate and translate the notification “Success! The link was sent to the following email address:" on String Translation?

Let me know in case you need any assistance here. I have enabled the private box in order to receive access credentials to your site for having a look at it.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity Forms Multilingual not translating contents of save and continue emails’ is closed to new replies.