This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 27, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4654977

touficA

Hi I am using Gravity forms for front end user-created posts. When a user submits I need them to update the English and german titles/content. Is there a way to do this?

I am using Advanced Post Creation.

Are there hooks to do this? Can you assist me in figuring out how to do the titles only and I will figure out the rest.

September 27, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4655671

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´m not sure what you mean. Could you please setup a very very simple example here in this sandbox site?

hidden link

Just upload Gravity forms, activate and configure it...then send me steps on how to recreate the situation you are asking about. I´ll then be able to chase down some 2nd tier supporters to better answer the question about any existing hooks or recommended methodologies.

Thanks

September 27, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4655853

touficA

Thank you!
I have created the site for you.

See the form page.

When I use gravity forms to create a post it creates the post, but only for english, I desperately need it to add the other language version.

Use the form on the form page and view result in post page (created menu for you)

hidden link

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: QU9m3Yg82uAi

September 27, 2019 at 5:06 pm #4656089

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You wrote: "I desperately need it to add the other language version."

Do you mean to say that you need it to "simultaneously" add a Spanish version when an English version is created?

Right now, the sandbox site is configured in the way it would normally work. Each post type would be created by a form in the respective language. This means that your form to create a post would be translated to secondary languages and those posts would only be visible within those languages.

Can you connect to the sandbox site and see what I mean?

September 27, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4656337

touficA

I see.

Is it possible to do both languages using 1 form?

September 27, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4656573

Yvette
Supporter

To my knowledge, this is not possible as each form operates in its own "language space"

The topic ‘[Closed] Gravity Forms post creation multiple languages’ is closed to new replies.