Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 23, 2019 at 7:55 am #4808267

Christopher

I use the WooCommerce Gravity Forms Product Addon with WooCommerce.

After upgrading to Gravity Forms Multilingual 1.5.2 I always get a zero total in the WooCommerce cart and checkout. When I deactivate Gravity Forms Multilingual everything works as expected.

October 24, 2019 at 11:33 am #4818981

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I will be happy to investigate this further but I will require temporary access to your website. If you have a development or staging domain, I would prefer to use that rather than a live website.

Request for temporary access

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

IMPORTANT
Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC.

DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields.

If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

November 5, 2019 at 8:48 am #4886353

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I did some testing and will need to debug this further with our team. I was able to replicate the issue and it does not appear to be one reported by any other clients so we will need to play around with your site a bit and see what is causing this.

Do I have your permission to make a copy of your website on our servers? This copy will be deleted as soon as your issue is marked as resolved.

Alternatively, you can provide us with access to a staging version of the site if it is easy for you to create one.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and I will update you as soon as I have some information or a solution for you.

November 5, 2019 at 8:51 am #4886361

Christopher

Yes please proceed with the copy. Thank you!

November 5, 2019 at 9:05 am #4886497

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I am making the copy now and will update you as soon as we know what's going on!

November 5, 2019 at 6:49 pm #4892997

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I attempted to clone your website using our Cloudways Migrate plugin but it failed. Subsequently attempting to create a Duplicator package also failed due to hosting restrictions.

Could you provide a copy of your website's wp-content folder as well as an export of the database?

To keep the size low, you can exclude the uploads folder.

November 5, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4893033

Christopher

Can you please confirm that you have installed the same plugins in your test environment and everything is working fine?

To be honest I don't like the way you are working to solve issues.

November 5, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4893407

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

I apologize if I didn't clarify the steps I was taking to solve your problem.

My intention was simply to help debug your issue as quickly as possible. I asked for access to check what the incorrect behavior was so that I could see if there were any similar cases we had already come across.

Gravity Forms Multilingual is a WPML plugin and compatible with WooCommerce and other WPML plugins. I did however set up a test site with Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual and Gravity Forms Multilingual enabled. You can see the cart works fine here:
hidden link

I can set up an environment with all the plugins from your website that we have access to but officially we only have access to plugins that are WPML compatible, so I will miss a few or take a while to find colleagues who have copies of them.

It is easier to test with exactly the same setup as your site. Because it is live, I would not be able to deactivate plugins and perform other steps or escalate the ticket for further debugging.

If you have any questions or concerns about our process, I'll be happy to address them, or find an alternative that you are comfortable with.

Best,
Izzi

November 6, 2019 at 4:03 pm #4900077

Christopher

Can you please try to create a form with Gravity Forms and add this form to a WooCommerce product?

Check here for details: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-gravity-forms-product-addons/

After that you can try to add that product in cart and let me know.

Thank you.

November 7, 2019 at 6:14 am #4902851

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

Here's a product with a Gravity Forms form attached:
hidden link

I've attached a screenshot showing that in a minimum plugins setup the cart works as expected. Our compatibility team tests all compatible plugins in different configurations before we certify a plugin as being WPML compatible, or release a plugin of our own. The WPML compatible plugins on your website all work well with each other and we have not seen the zero total issue you are seeing.

I also looked around on your website's backend to see if I could find any issues with your configuration. However, even if I think something might be wrong, the fact that everything works when Gravity Forms Multilingual is disabled means that I will need to enable it to try to debug the problem, making your website unusable while we figure out what's happening.

If you have any recent backup of your website, you can provide us with that, or ask us to try other methods to manually download the files and database dump that we need. This will allow us to quickly resolve the problem rather than trying to recreate the custom setup that you are using.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Izzi

November 11, 2019 at 9:09 am #4922899

Christopher

Can you please try (with caution) to enable the plugin temporary in the production and take a look?

I have also enabled query monitor. Please disable the plugin when you are done.

Thank you.

November 13, 2019 at 8:18 pm #4942581

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I have already taken a look and can see the issue. However, in order to find a solution, I would need to enable the plugin for a longer period of time and cannot guarantee that it would be outside of business hours. In the interest of resolving this issue soon, I will need to access the site in an offline environment.

I am manually downloading the site via FTP and will update you as soon as I have found the problem and have a solution to fix it.

Best,

November 20, 2019 at 6:29 am #4976977

Christopher

Any update on this?

November 20, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4982207

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Christopher,

We are still trying to find a resolution for this. I will update you tomorrow once I have a chance to get some information from my colleagues.

Thank you for your patience.

November 25, 2019 at 3:20 pm #5015031

Christopher

Any new update on this?