This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
October 19, 2016 at 3:29 pm #1118824

solonH

I am trying to: I translated my pages in Greek and the titles of the pages appear in the Primary Menu. My theme capitalizes the letters and on each word it puts accent (stress), but in Greek language capitals letter must not have accent. Only the lower case ones. This problem is only in Safari, in Chrome they appear OK without accent.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: ΑΡΧΙΚΗ ΣΥΧΝΕΣ ΕΡΩΤΗΣΕΙΣ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ

Instead, I got: ΑΡΧΙΚ'Η ΣΥΧΝ'ΕΣ ΕΡΩΤ'ΗΣΕΙΣ ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝ'ΙΑ

Steps to duplicate the issue: Just follow the URL in Safari and you can see it

October 20, 2016 at 7:05 am #1119167

Joanna

Hello @solonh,

As you noticed, this is your theme that adds the accent, not WPML. In this case, you need to contact your theme authors regarding your issue. Possibly it's caused by the font they use but they will know better what needs to be checked and eventually fixed.

However, to make sure that that's the case, please check if the issue still occurs when WPML is not active. You'll probably need to change your website language to Greek for a moment (if you have it installed in another language). You can do it at the Settings->General page.

If so, please contact your theme's support.
If the issue disappears with WPML deactivated, please let me know.

By the way, I also noticed that your WP Memory Limit is set to 40MB and the WPML's minimum requirement is to have it on 128MB. You can easily increase the memory allocated to PHP. You'll find more info about it at https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP.
In brief:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Edit the wp-config.php file.
3. Add the following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

4. Save the file.

This will not resolve your issue, but it may save you from a headache in the future when you stumble upon some unexpected issues.
All WPML minimum requirements are listed at https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.