This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 8:07 pm #3810475

thomasS-137

I am trying to translate my tour page from English to French

As I normally do, I am translating the individual boxes until the green bar says 100%. I click "Save and Close". However once it closes, the translation is not saved. When I click to go back to the Translation page, the green bar says only 73% even though I had already done the translations previously...

May 15, 2019 at 12:30 am #3811201

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, increase your PHP Max Input Vars and try the translation editor again. See: hidden link in order to learn more on how to proceed. If you are not able to proceed by your own, then I recommend you to contact your host support to setup it for you. Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

May 15, 2019 at 9:04 am #3813955

thomasS-137

Hi,

I contacted Hostgator and they said they increased MaxInputVars to 6000 (though on the wpml plugin from my WordPress dashboard it still says that MaxInputVars is 1000) and it didn't solve the issue.

Do you have any other suggestions that I can try?

May 15, 2019 at 6:10 pm #3819369

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, make sure your system info from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support settings shows your updated value, otherwise it indicates the changes done in your server weren't effective. Please, contact your host support and ask them to double check it the changes were effective as you still see the value 100 for your max input vars in your WordPress Dashboard. Please, let me know if you need any additional clarifications, have a nice day.