Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
April 30, 2018 at 11:06 am #1894599

Escobosa

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Intento guardar en la cadena de traducción cualquier cosa y la pantalla se queda en blanco y no guarda los cambios. Adjunto imagen.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 1, 2018 at 7:06 pm #1916770

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If I understand correctly, when you click "Save" on a string translation, it does not save and your screen goes blank. Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

Also, when you click save, are you seeing any errors in your browser console? Here is some information about how to view your browser console: hidden link

If there are no reported errors, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyFifteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 3, 2018 at 2:46 pm #1960829

Escobosa

No hay errores registrados. He añadido el código en el INI y reproduzco el error pero no lo muestra en el log. ¿Qué más puedo hacer? Gracias.

May 3, 2018 at 3:33 pm #1962100

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

This ticket was submitted in the English forum, so if it is okay to continue in English, you can reply here. If you prefer to reply in Spanish, please let me know and I can reassign your ticket to a Spanish speaking supporter.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

May 3, 2018 at 4:58 pm #1963569

Ricardo Alday

Hola,

Gracias por la información. De entrada, no hay nada que indique cual es la causa del error ya que como comentas, el debug.log no muestra nada.

Podrías revisar que esta situación se presenta cuando
- Todos los plugins no relacionados con WPML están desactivados. Esto nos dirá si hay algún problema de interacción con otro plugin.
- Cambias a un tema por defecto de WordPress como el Twenty Seventee. Esto nos dirá si hay un problema de interacción con tu tema.
- Si el problema desaparece, activa uno por uno para determinar quién genera esta situación.

Saludos,
Ricardo

May 4, 2018 at 8:02 am #1970360

Escobosa

Hola Ricardo, gracias por tu soporte. He desactivado todos los plugings excepto los de WPML. Pero lamentablemente no funciona tampoco. Me preocupa cambiar el tema porque despues es probable que tenga que restaurar una copia, se desconfigurará la maquetación. La plantilla es "the 7" una de las más utilizadas, entiendo que no tiene porque interferir, está todo actualizado en su última versión, plantilla, wordpress y WPML. Tengo que hacer muy pocas traducciones a través de las cadenas de traducción. ¿Hay otra forma de hacerlo? Gracias. David.

May 4, 2018 at 8:08 am #1970478

Escobosa

Disculpa Ricardo, he observado que la búsqueda no funciona tampoco. Quiero cambiar por ejemplo en un lugar la palabra "OFICINAS" y no muestra resultados.

May 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm #1979825

Ricardo Alday

Muchas gracias. Descargue una copia de tu sitio con el plugin Duplicador. En mi servidor local no he podido reproducir el problema original. En la busqueda de "oficina" me arroja algunos resultados. Hice una grabacion de pantalla para mostrarte: hidden link

En cuanto a memoria del servidor y PHP tengo lo mismo que tu, asi que dudo que ese sea el problema aunque quizas te sirve aumentar el limite de memoria de 40MB a 128MB como mínimo.

The topic ‘[Closed] Guardo un cambio y la pantalla se queda en blanco’ is closed to new replies.