This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robbE 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 9:06 pm #5869905

robbE

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a Gutenberg component and now I am testing the integration of that with WPML. I set the custom fields used in that component as 'copy' or 'copy once'.

I then created a translated version (French) of the page that uses that component. The CMS editor shows the new French page and my component, all blank. That's expected.

I clicked on 'copy content from English'. In my component, aside from the fields that are based on custom fields, I also have a wp core paragraph block. That one shows the content copied from English correctly as soon as I copy the content from English. That's expected and fine as well.

But all the fields that are based on registered options stay blank. Only when I save the draft or publish the page and then reload the CMS editor, I see the content for those fields.

In the end, it's not that the content is not being copied properly. However, my component is not reflecting the change in real-time when I copy the content from English for the first time. What am I missing?

What is the link to your site?
It's a local experiment.

April 9, 2020 at 6:36 pm #5878907

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

We have a documentation on how to translate content with Gutenberg blocks, please review t and let me know your results.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/translating-content-created-gutenberg-blocks-plugins/

If that does not help, then if possible create a screencast of the issue so I can try to reproduce on my local environment.

April 9, 2020 at 7:06 pm #5879013

robbE

Thanks, Bobby. I will check out the documentation and let you know how it goes.

April 9, 2020 at 8:06 pm #5879271

robbE

I changed the way translations are created (classic/advanced) and now the translation process includes that side-by-side translation screen. When we have that intermediary screen, the issue mentioned above disappears, as, when we return to the post screen, the post content is already setup. And once that type of flow is activated, it is not possible to get back to the flow where we had the issue.

Summing up, the issue is not solved, but the only scenario where it happens does not exist anymore and it is not even possible to get back to it.