This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to display a link in a widget to an URL that should not change depending on the language version. Solution: Add one widget (with the HTML code) and select it to be displayed in all the languages. Once you do this, just simply go to Dashboard → WPML → String translation, search for the widget content, and translate it for the other languages.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by manuelF-16 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4170535

manuelF-16

I am trying to: Display a link in a widget to an URL that should not change depending on the language version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: <a href="hidden link" title="Datenrettung Forum">Datenrettung Forum</a>

Instead, I got:<a href="hidden link" title="Datenrettung Forum">Datenrettung Forum</a>

July 9, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4171779

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Manuel,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at the way that this widget was created, please? The default behaviour of links is to display the corresponding URL, based on the language but I want to have a look to see how is it built and if there's any chance to change the link.

Thanks,
Radu

July 10, 2019 at 4:40 am #4176045

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Manuel,

I had a look at the widget settings and I could see that you added three different widgets to the Right Bottom Info Block, one for each language. Can you add just one widget instead and select it to be displayed in all the languages, please? Once you do this, just simply go to Dashboard → WPML → String-Übersetzung, search for the widget content, and translate it for the other languages. Just give this a try and tell me how things work this way. I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

July 10, 2019 at 9:49 am #4177887

manuelF-16

It worked - exactly as described by you - but: I had to set the url to protocol relative version (// instead of hidden link). Then - howevery - it worked.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!