This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem: Have to do manual installation – need to know folder names etc
Solution:have you tried uploading the WPML plugin directly to wp-content/plugins folder using your FTP ? instead of creating a directory.
to do a manual update please follow these steps:
1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/ (recommended not necessary)
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory. => wp-contnet/plugins
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.
Also," i believe 30M might still be too low.
by default, the upload_max_filesize is 2 megabyte. Just simply change it to upload_max_filesize = 200M (200 megabyte) "
then save your php.ini file and restart your services and it will work without any diverticulitis
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.