Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Have to do manual installation – need to know folder names etc

Solution:have you tried uploading the WPML plugin directly to wp-content/plugins folder using your FTP ? instead of creating a directory.

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/ (recommended not necessary)

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory. => wp-contnet/plugins

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Also," i believe 30M might still be too low.

by default, the upload_max_filesize is 2 megabyte. Just simply change it to upload_max_filesize = 200M (200 megabyte) "

then save your php.ini file and restart your services and it will work without any diverticulitis

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/uploaded-file-exceeds-the-upload_max_filesize-directive-in-phpini/

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sebastian Holmes 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 24, 2017 at 4:37 pm #1283851

Sebastian Holmes

I am trying to: install WPML

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: A smooth process of installation

Instead, I got: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Steps to duplicate the issue: So I edited php.ini to increase the max file size to 30MB but I still get the same issue. So, I added a directory to the plugin directory which I called 'sitepress-multilingual-cms' and uploaded the zip file into it via FTP. Now I would like to know if I have named the directory correctly and if I simply unzip the zip file in that directory whether the installation would work please?

Many thanks in advance.

May 24, 2017 at 8:04 pm #1284006

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

have you tried uploading the WPML plugin directly to wp-content/plugins folder using your FTP ? instead of creating a directory.

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/ (recommended not necessary)

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.
=> wp-contnet/plugins

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Also," i believe 30M might still be too low.

by default, the upload_max_filesize is 2 megabyte. Just simply change it to
upload_max_filesize = 200M (200 megabyte) "

then save your php.ini file and restart your services and it will work without any diverticulitis

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/uploaded-file-exceeds-the-upload_max_filesize-directive-in-phpini/

June 1, 2017 at 8:05 am #1289093

Sebastian Holmes

Uploaded via FTP and installed that way. All worked fine in the end. Thank you for your help.