Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Post status synchronization between originals and translations Solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/post-status-synchronization/#post-5369461 Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidN-51 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 15, 2021 at 5:06 pm #8313615

davidN-51

When I create a new WC product page in the default language (English), it is set by default to "Draft". Once finished setting up, I go to WooCommerce Multilingual to setup the language versions of this product page (French and German). I then save these language pages and go back to WooCommerce > Products and set the product page on "Published" and save.

Now usually I would expect the language pages to be automatically published at this point, without having to do anything else, but that is not the case. The product page appears on the other language pages, but it is still in English. I then have to go back in to WooCommerce Multilingual and save the products again, in order for them to appear in the correct language.

This is infuriating and so time consuming. I basically have to double save the product in WooCommerce Multilingual. Am I missing some setting? I want to be able to publish the default product page (English) and have the other language versions of this page also published correctly at the same time.

Thank you

March 16, 2021 at 9:26 am #8318451

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Please check this out:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/post-status-synchronization/#post-5369461

I am sorry I don't have any better news.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 16, 2021 at 9:32 am #8318485

davidN-51

Thanks for your help here. Jzst for the record, my issue is NOT resolved. Waiting on WML to add this feature.