This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emreG-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 8:38 pm #4499937

emreG-3

Hello,

I have issues when creating a page in german. Let's say the English URL is /new-york

the german URL is automatically being /de/new-york-2.

I have read the other topics in the forum, enabled/disabled the plugins, cleaned the cache and did not work.

September 2, 2019 at 11:21 pm #4500161

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. This is usually a standard WordPress behavior, as it does not allow two identical slugs at first.

As a suggestion, you can simply edit the slug and remove the "-2" in the secondary language. To do this, just go to the page where the posts/pages are listed and switch to the secondary language. Then click "Quick Edit" and edit the slug according to your needs.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 3, 2019 at 11:07 am #4503813

emreG-3

Hello Bruno,

I hope you are not joking about the answer you have provided. As I said before, I have tried to change it, next to that, I have enabled/disabled plugins as well as the theme. It does not work.

September 3, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4506747

emreG-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!