Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

All of the known issues are documented in https://wpml.org/known-issues/ you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described here https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
June 5, 2017 at 4:50 pm #1291534

ipsow

I am trying to: On Buddypress we have tabs to show informations on group page or profile page. With BBpress and events manager installed, we have 2 new tabs. Forum and events.
The problem is that on group page we are redirected to forum tab, we can't go to activity tab.
Second problem, when i click to event tab, im redirected to events page.
It's should stay on the group page.

This not happen when i desactivate the wpm plugin.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: my website is on development with secure login.
i don't know if here its private support...

I expected to see: activity tab should be the default tab and not be redirected to the forum
event tab should show the events on the group page and not redirected to the events global page

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue: just go in a group page and click the tabs

June 6, 2017 at 12:49 pm #1292226

ipsow

What I'm thinking is that there is a conflict with url of buddypress tabs and translated pages.
But I don't understand why the plugin buddypress multilingual doesn't manage it.

Groups is the name use for English page showing groups.
But the group tab of a profile member have groups in the url also.
And I think this make the false redirection.

The structure of the url is clearly not the same.
There is no patch update for this ?

Because now seems not stable.
It worked before. Now this problem came for some reason...
We can override the rewrite rule maybe ?

Regards

June 7, 2017 at 7:15 am #1292801

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

# WP Memory Limit
- First of all, please increase WP Memory Limit to 256M. Here are the instructions for that -> https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

# Minimal Environment
- Can you please check if this issue persists when you switch your theme to Twenty Seventeen?
- Also, you can turn off all other plugins except WPML and BuddyPress and see if the issue is there

# Debug.log
- Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Thanks.

June 7, 2017 at 12:15 pm #1293063

ipsow

Hello,
So I added the memory limit.
I already tested disabling all plugins.
It happens when I enable wpml.

The thing is that the problem is solved by itself I don't know how.

The debug log wasn't set so I don't have more info.

For more details about the situation, it wasn't working when I sent you my message.
After 24h trying to solve the problem by myself by changing the post name of groups page, by saving again every parameters talking about permalinks.
After hours of try it solved.

Then.I saw that woocommerce had an.update. what I did but by doing that the problem came back.
It means the group home tabs get redirected to forum tabs and group tab in profile redirected to groups page.
I tried again to solve the problem by disabling bbpress then wpml.
Don't know which combinaison I did works but it solved again.

So I'm really worried cause it seems appear when we do some manipulation and its really not stable.

Do you have a tip to force the refresh of those url when the problem come again ?

Or any suggestions of what can be the problem by your experience ?

Best regards

June 7, 2017 at 4:57 pm #1293310

ipsow

Ok so.
Just now, i saw a plugin update for yoast seo.
i did it and again the problem is here...
- activity tab in a group page is automatically redirected to forum tab.
- group tab in a profile page is redirected to groups page.

debug log was enable and it's empty...
So now i'm sure every time i do a plugin update i get the problem..

What can i do ?

June 7, 2017 at 8:17 pm #1293439

ipsow

I tried to force the landing tab for group by using the code like in this topic : hidden link
but still redirected to forum tab.

Any idea ? a hack or something ?

June 8, 2017 at 11:04 am #1293873

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I can check the website and then try to reproduce this on my install. For that I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Having redirect problem with buddypress + bbpress + events manager.’ is closed to new replies.