This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4044591

jelleH-2

I am trying to: give the footer different content per language. This is not working for additional languages (German and Dutch). I noticed when editing footer, English has a different id, German and English having the same id. How to fix this? Template is using Elementor.

I expected to see: Able to use different footer content

Instead, I got: Same footer content for additional languages.

June 19, 2019 at 5:42 am #4048039

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

June 20, 2019 at 5:42 am #4056655

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I have fixed this issue by doing below steps:
- Enabled Theme Parts (jet-theme-core) CPT translation from WPML >> Settings >> Multilingual content setup > Post Types Translation
- Duplicated Primary language Footer in secondary languages.

Now it’s showing correct footer in frontend as you can see in the attached screenshot.

You can add/update footer translation from here:
hidden link

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you