Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
April 25, 2020 at 9:05 am #5991643

antonD-13

Hi, on my page I have a few language transaltions. Inner content on pages is transalted ok, but I have issue with my header and footer in translations.

I have translated the content of headers and footers, in editor I see it translated, when I´m logged in I can see the translations also on frontend, but issue is when I´m logged out. For logged out users(visitors) are headers and footers not translated?

How can we fix this issue?

April 25, 2020 at 9:53 am #5991855

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a look at your Debug Info and I can see that you're using an incompatible theme. You can find a list of WPML compatible themes and plugins here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

However, that does not mean that you shouldn't be able to translate the theme if it is coded according to WordPress standards. I can tell you that in this case, because of what you are describing, the theme is probably loading the header and footer in a custom way since it works when you're logged in.

We do not have any out-of-the-box features that would be related to being logged in, other than the ability to "Hide Languages" which completely disables a language for logged out users. But in that case, your main content would also be hidden.

So, I would recommend contacting the theme authors about this issue. If you don't get a resolution from them, I can escalate this to our compatibility team but I won't be able to guaranty a resolution if there's an issue with the theme.

Best,
Izzi

April 25, 2020 at 11:12 am #5992185

antonD-13

Hi, I use Oxygen builder which disable themes in wordpress. Header and footer is also created via oxygen builder. Already hve contcted Oxygen builder support, they investigated the issue and advise me to contct WPML support.

Many thanks.

April 25, 2020 at 12:30 pm #5992339

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Could you provide temporary access to your website so we can take a look, please? This issue is indeed weird since it only happens for logged out users.

We will try to recreate the issue on our end as well to find out what is causing it. Oxygen Builder is currently being tested and has some known issues as well as workarounds for common issues with WPML, but what you are describing is unique so we need to take a look and then recreate it.

Thanks!

April 28, 2020 at 11:56 am #6011829

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for that. I can see that there are issues with both the creation and the loading of templates in secondary languages.

Before we move further, could you take a full backup of your site and update anything that can be updated? There are some updates available for our plugins and I just checked and there's a newer version of Oxygen Builder available too.

Once you update these, I would like to take a copy of your site and escalate this to our compatibility team to be debugged further. Could I have your permission to do so? Any copies are deleted as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

April 28, 2020 at 12:12 pm #6012087

antonD-13

Hi, I created full backup. Updated plugins and themes.
You can copy content of site for testing.
But please do not any changes on live page, because our campaigns are running.

Thanks.

May 1, 2020 at 10:17 am #6036635

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have taken a backup with A1WM and will attempt to recreate the issue on our end.

Best,
Izzi

May 2, 2020 at 7:51 am #6042719

antonD-13

HI, thanks for info. I will wait for good news.

Have a nice day.

May 10, 2020 at 4:40 pm #6098697

antonD-13

Hi, do you have any uprdate? I need to fix this issue for client.

Regards,
Anton.

May 18, 2020 at 4:31 am #6154465

antonD-13

Hello, did you try to fix my issue on copy of my page you did? About two weeks passed and we do not have any update. We really need to fix the issue and make webpage works correctly.

Thanks.
Anton.

May 18, 2020 at 5:43 am #6154789

Izzi Hassan

Hi Anton,

My apologies, my previous message did not seem to get through.

We have had a couple of bugs in the Elementor integration which were resolved last week. We also have an upcoming release of WPML which should fix some other issues.

I will check with our compatibility team and get an update on your site debug as soon as someone is available today.

Thank you and stay safe!

May 18, 2020 at 5:49 am #6154803

antonD-13

Hi, thanks for info, just for confirmation on my site is not Elementor used, but Oxygen builder.

Thanks.

May 18, 2020 at 6:02 am #6154875

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Sorry, that was my mistake. We dealt with a lot of Elementor related issues last week so my inbox is full of them today!

I meant Oxygen Builder 🙂

I will update you shortly.

Best,
Izzi

May 21, 2020 at 4:58 am #6183297

antonD-13

Hi Izzi,

do you have any update for my issue? Really need to move it forward.

Regards,

May 21, 2020 at 6:19 pm #6189281

Izzi Hassan

Hi Anton,

I do understand your frustration and apologize for the wait.

We just got done dealing with a bug in our latest release. You can read the erratum here if you have updated to WPML 4.3.13 and are seeing any errors:
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-4-3-13-parse-error-syntax-error/

We are releasing another update as soon as possible to deal with this.

I am checking on your issue and will provide a workaround from our team shortly.

Best,
Izzi