Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
May 22, 2020 at 6:25 am #6192579

antonD-13

Hi I still have 4.3.12 version and can´t see any update available in my admin. Headers and footers are still not translated. I understand you have a lot of work to do, but please try
to understand me, I bought your plugin, payed support and your plugin doesn´t work properly and about support I´m waitng almost 3 weeks without any change or fixes.

Regards,
Anton.

May 22, 2020 at 7:33 am #6192943

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I did not mean to imply we were too busy to work on your specific issue. I wanted to share that information so that you are not dealing with new issues before we fix this.

I just wanted to clarify again that we have resolved some issues that were affecting Oxygen and other page builders in the latest update, which is why I suggested that your issue would also be resolved. I am testing your site with the update from yesterday now. Once I have some steps to fix, I will update the plugins on your site or can provide you with instructions to do so manually (you can always find the latest stable and beta releases of the plugins here):
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please take a full backup of your site today but hold off on applying the updates until I confirm that you will not face any errors. I am confident we will be able to get your site working properly!

Best,
Izzi

May 22, 2020 at 9:32 am #6193717

antonD-13

Hi, I just created a full backup, you Can update a plagins if it will help. Many thanks.

May 25, 2020 at 11:22 am #6209505

antonD-13

Hi, did you update the plugins you wanted? I still see no isues are fixed. Also Germany version of homepage is for some reason missing. hidden link - I´m getting 404 error. But in admin I can see there is a germany version of homepage created and published.

Many thanks.

May 25, 2020 at 1:15 pm #6210489

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Yes, I have updated your plugins on the site. We saw that doing that did not solve the template display issue.

In addition, I just tried sone steps to fix the header and footer and 404 issues and after completing a translation, the /en site now has the same issue as /de.

I'm not sure what is causing this as I hadn't made any changes to the live site yet. There seems to be some issue with wp rocket too since some cached css files show 404.

Could you rollback to a working backup please?

I'll try updating the plugins again and the steps that seem to be working for other users.

I can also tell you that we are retesting oxygen builder again as we have another reported issue as well so expect some changes to our documentation and known issues list soon.

May 25, 2020 at 1:26 pm #6210691

antonD-13

Ji, when did you do changes? I roll back to backup from today´s night but I still see issues there.

May 25, 2020 at 1:34 pm #6210747

antonD-13

I dont´ know what you have done, but did not help restore backup from 2 day ago.
If you do any changes let us know. As I typed you before it is a live page with live campaigns.

May 25, 2020 at 1:42 pm #6210845

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

The only changes I made on your site were to update the plugins and resave the templates. I believe your main site is working fine after that.

I made the changes as you had reported the /de version of your site was showing a 404 and you had let me know on Friday that you had a backup. If the /de site was down in that backup too, I wasn't aware.

Let me confirm once again that I have not made any changes apart from updating plugins and saving a page or translation.

I am looking at the site now. I can see some php errors and the /de site seems to be showing the media attachment for the German flag.

I will keep looking to help get the site working. This 404 error seems related to the template issue.

May 25, 2020 at 1:46 pm #6210855

antonD-13

Hi, no all headers and footers on the whole page are now broken.

May 25, 2020 at 2:04 pm #6211097

Izzi Hassan

If you have a backup where everything is fine (with incorrect language on header and footer for other languages, as we started), please apply it.

If not, please apply the backup from two days ago and let me know when you are done so that I can see what's happening.

The priority right now is to get the site back where it was before updates so your live campaigns are not affected.

May 25, 2020 at 2:13 pm #6211345

antonD-13

I restore older backup, now header looks fine, DE version is available, but for some reason I lost on som of labguage versions I lost part of homepage (map section), also header is still not translated and in some languages also part of footer is lost.

May 25, 2020 at 2:15 pm #6211393

antonD-13

Did you do something also with DB?

May 25, 2020 at 2:26 pm #6211639

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

No, I haven't done anything with the database. Could you elaborate please?

Also, when you back up or a restore a website, you must do so for both the files as well as the database.

If you are only restoring the files then that might explain why things are not looking right.

May 25, 2020 at 2:28 pm #6211673

Izzi Hassan

When you restore the database, any changes I've made are overwritten. So if a full restore doesn't look right then we're dealing with some issue specific to your site which is also affecting the backups.

I will see what I can find. Please do keep me updated about the restore.

Thank you.

May 25, 2020 at 3:55 pm #6212371

antonD-13

Hi, I Made a fresh backup. Now it looks good on mobile and tablet. Can you check it on desktop? Im out od Office. Also de version od HP is now visible.

Thanks.