Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 53 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
May 26, 2020 at 7:39 am #6216107

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

The site looks good on mobile and desktop for me.

I'll stay off the live site and am testing locally. On my local copy, the /en and /de are both fine.

May 26, 2020 at 7:46 am #6216131

antonD-13

HI, ok I will wait for update.

Many thanks.

May 31, 2020 at 9:19 am #6258991

antonD-13

Hi Izzi, do you have any update? Please do not any changes on live page we have another big campaign "in air". But we nned to fix it very soon. We are waiting over 1 month to fix the issue.

Many thanks.

June 4, 2020 at 8:14 am #6290889

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I was informed that you did not receive a response here while I was away.

I would like to apologize for that and explain the situation. Oxygen Builder was scheduled for being retested for compatibility in May as there are known issues. However that is delayed due to a large support workload over the past month so we do have minor compatibility issues that may continue for a little longer and we are handling them as we receive them.

We did however release some updates last month that would have fixed the template issue but they don't seem to work for your website and applying the updates on your live site broke it.

let me provide an update or a resolution for you today. I will not apply anything to your live site but rather provide any instructions that seem to work for us on the local versions of the site.

Thank you and stay safe.

June 4, 2020 at 8:19 am #6290957

antonD-13

Hi,

I´m available so you can send me an istructions to make translations work.
I´ll be waiting for your instructions.

Thanks and stay safe too.

June 8, 2020 at 11:55 am #6320637

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I am putting together some instructions for you. I have still not seen the 404 issues.

Before we attempt to resolve this on the live site, could we create a staging copy on the same server so that you can try updating the plugins since that is going to be the first step? We have some new versions out which I'm obviously not comfortable trying to apply to your live site. On my local version I'm not seeing any new errors.

I suggest that we make something like hidden link or hidden link.

Alternately, if you set up a dummy domain that is completely separate from the live site, we can modify our hosts files to be able to access it that way.

Best,
Izzi

June 11, 2020 at 6:38 am #6347869

antonD-13

Still waiting for instructions.......

June 12, 2020 at 6:42 am #6356573

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I am on your dev site now trying the updates and steps. Please let me know if you must access it at all.

I will have instructions for you shortly.

June 12, 2020 at 6:59 am #6356625

antonD-13

On this dev site you can make changes I do not access to this site now.

June 16, 2020 at 5:31 am #6379561

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. I spent some time trying to figure out why only some languages seem to work on your site.

I believe I have some steps for you to be able to complete this work now.

Please back up your website completely and update all plugins before attempting the steps below on the live website.

- Do not set "Where does this template apply?" in the Template Edit page.
- Translate the template to all other languages and name them so that you can select each language template individually
- Make sure every language template is using "Inherit design from" set to the original language
- Choose the correct language template on each translated page

I have included some screenshots showing the settings for the /de/ page. On your dev site I've also fixed this for all languages for the home page so that you can see the settings.

I hope this is helpful and please let me know if you require further assistance.

Best,
Izzi

Set correct language template for each page.PNG
Inherit design setting for translated templates.png
Do not set Where Does This Template Apply.PNG
June 18, 2020 at 8:30 am #6400993

antonD-13

Hi, did you try to do this steps on dev page? hidden link
I see there are some changes in settings as you typed here. Thanks.

June 18, 2020 at 8:39 am #6401061

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Yes, I fixed the homepage on the dev site so that you can see the template and the page settings.

Best,
Izzi

June 18, 2020 at 8:41 am #6401067

antonD-13

Great, now I see it. Now I will try to follow your steps on live page. When I have for another Landing page on same domain different menu should I set Original navigation to untick in options "Where does this template apply?"

June 18, 2020 at 8:45 am #6401101

Izzi Hassan

Yes, Please try not to use "Where does this template apply" for now.

We are working to make the plugin fully compatible again and will update our documentation in the next few days to reflect the current working steps.

June 18, 2020 at 9:00 am #6401191

antonD-13

Hi, I updated plugins, and untick the option "Where does this template apply" in Header&Footer template, but now I´m getting this issue with navigation. And when I tick it to show "Catch all" navigation looks fine again (in origin language).

unesco.jpg