Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The problem that this customer was having is that his menus were showing up in the same language on each of his translations.

Solution: Client's menus were not translated into the respective languages.

In order to translate your menu we have a small tutorial that can guide you through this process.

Please take a look at the document below: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dorothyT 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author Posts
February 12, 2016 at 3:07 pm #811641

dorothyT

I am trying to: display the header which is the same as the selected language (eg. Chinese website with Chinese header and footer). However, I can only select one default header menu for my entire page. Please help. Thanks.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: Chinese website with Chinese header and footer; English website with English header and footer, etc.

February 12, 2016 at 7:02 pm #811880

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

It seems the issue you are experiencing here is that your menus have not been translated.

In order to translate your menu we have a small tutorial that can guide you through this process.

Please take a look at the document below and let me know if this helps.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Thanks,
Shane

February 13, 2016 at 3:33 am #812041

dorothyT

Hi Shane,

A BIG thank you to you as my issue is solved!