This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 3:18 am #3947601

johannV-2

Hi,

on my website I am using custom Woocommerce product types that comes with my theme.
Each product comes with a header image and an image gallery.
To get an idea what the product looks like you can check here:
hidden link
When translating a product I have the option to translate the images as well. However the gallery images showing up in the translation but not the header image as you can see in the attached screenshot. So each time translating a product I have to do it manually by editing the product itself in each language which is a lot of work.
Is there a way to show the same header image of the default language automatically in the translated products?

Thanks, Johann.

June 4, 2019 at 6:20 am #3948229

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3952213

johannV-2

Hi Dennis,

I have Duplicator Pro installed. Can I just send you a duplicated package via Google Drive?

Regards, Johann.

June 5, 2019 at 6:57 am #3957675

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Yes you can just send me the duplicator package.

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Your next reply will be private so you can leave a download link for your snapshot installer and archive files.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 6, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3969185

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the duplicator snapshot of your site.

Could you please go to WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation section. Click 'show system fields' and search for the custom field 'header_section_meta' and set it to 'Copy' and click save. Please see attached image for your reference.

-Then-

-edit the product on the original language.
-make a small change on some text.
-undo the small change. click 'Update'
-translate the product to secondary languages completely and save.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis