Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gustavoF-11 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 15, 2021 at 2:07 pm #9210387

gustavoF-11

Hi, I just need to find strings to translate as marked in my screenshot:

-Header navigation text "Marketing para la movilidad eléctrica"

available in:
> Salient > Header Navigation > Layout & Content Related > Text To Display In Header

Captura de pantalla 2021-07-14 a las 18.05.01.png
July 15, 2021 at 2:12 pm #9210415

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Those strings are looking like admin-text strings.

Please follow the steps here (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#scanning-the-theme-and-plugins) to find those strings and translate them.

Please let me know if you were able to find them.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 15, 2021 at 4:22 pm #9211097

gustavoF-11

I really tried but can't find it. I'm lost when look into following step:

Track where strings appear on the site
This option helps you identify where strings are used on public pages in the site. When enabled, WPML will keep a record of the PHP source and pages that display each string. This feature can help understand the correct context of strings and how they should be translated.

How to use:

Enable the Track where strings appear on the site option.
Visit the site’s front-end pages.
Switch to a language other than the site’s default language.
WPML will register any string that appears on the page you are viewing. Move from page to page to cover all the strings you need.

July 15, 2021 at 4:39 pm #9211213

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I think you are looking at a different section that is not related to what you need.

This is the section that you need to follow:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#scanning-the-theme-and-plugins

1. Go to WPML → String Translation.

2. Click the "Can’t find the strings you’re looking to translate?" button. Then click "Choose texts for translations" > add the string that you are looking for > and you should be able to check the box and add it to WPML > String Translation.

3. Now go to WPML > String Translation and search for the string.

Please let me know how that goes.

Mihai

July 15, 2021 at 5:47 pm #9211759

gustavoF-11

Hey, I did the steps mentioned in the guide but can't find. My previous message is the quote of one of those steps: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#track-where-strings-appear-on-the-site

If you can't help please let me know in order to open a new issue.

Captura de pantalla 2021-07-15 a las 19.44.58.png
July 15, 2021 at 7:50 pm #9212135

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I am attaching a screenshot below - you should click that and search for "Marketing para la movilidad".

I would be more than happy to help you with this if you can't find it - I am activating the private fields below so that you can share the credentials.

Mihai

9211759-Captura_de_pantalla_2021_07_15_a_las_19.44.58.png
July 16, 2021 at 9:16 am #9216089

gustavoF-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!