This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 8:02 pm

laurenH-5

I am trying to: Reflect the latest header template CSS changes via Elementor to all of the other languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (The Header)

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: (The Header)

hidden link

Instead, I got: Old CSS that does not change when applied on the main US English template. I have tried to sync them many times but does not work. For some reason, secondary languages are holding onto an old CSS code.

September 13, 2019 at 8:35 pm
September 13, 2019 at 9:50 pm #4570899

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I found some CSS strings in the the String Translation table. I'd like you to try deleting this string, then go to the original page and save the changes once again. Now, if you view the translated header, do the new CSS changes take place? The string I want you to delete is in the text domain elementor-15, and I have included a screenshot.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks!

September 16, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4580253

laurenH-5

Hi Lauren,

I tried your suggestion but it did not work. What worked was that I had to delete the TRANSLATED header templates and re-create them. But this does not seem like a proper way to apply the latest CSS updates across the board. So again, the problem is that the translated templates are holding onto the original CSS code and is not able to update to the latest CSS changes.

I shouldn't have to look into the string translation table each time when there's a CSS update.

September 16, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4582527

laurenH-5

Quick update: I went ahead and removed the languages and add them again. This seemed to have solved the issue. However, I would like to keep this thread open for a few more days in case I run into this issue again.

Thank you

September 16, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4583649

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks so much for the update. I tried reproducing in a fresh install and couldn't replicate the issue. I'll keep this ticket open, let me know if the problem comes back.