This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 10:05 am

nicolaA-5

In my sidebar, 1 heading and 1 button element can't be translated (see attachment).
Example here: hidden link
If you switch to italian, this is not translated, and in WPML no fields appear to allow me to do that.

June 19, 2019 at 11:36 am #4051133

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I see the sidebar in both languages.
This is a Italian page with sidebar: hidden link and the same page in English: hidden link

has this been fixed?

Please check it in incognito mode.

Let me know if you need anything else you need regarding this.

Regards,
Riffaz.

June 19, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4052075

nicolaA-5

Hi Riffaz,

the problem hasn't been ixed. Indeed, you are right, those 2 "black box" are translated correctly, but if you look at the screenshot and the URL I sent to you, there is a section "Get our presentation!" which is not translated.

June 20, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4060157

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

How did you create that section?
I could not find them in Appearance > widgets
Also, how did you translate the other two widgets?

Could you please explain these with URLs and screenshots?

Regards,

June 20, 2019 at 1:45 pm #4060335

nicolaA-5

Hi Riffaz,

I am using Consulting WP theme where sidebars are already implemented (see part of the dashboard in attachment 1). I have only modified the dashboard according to my needs using WP Bakery Page Builder (see attachment 2). Everything has been translated with the normal WPML Editor, but for some reasons the fields for the part which is not translated don't appear (see attachment 3 and 4).

I hope I have answered to your questions.

(Note: for some reasons I can't embed attachment)

June 20, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4060345

nicolaA-5

See attachment 1 and 2

June 20, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4060395

nicolaA-5

See attachment 3 and 4

June 23, 2019 at 9:11 am #4072737

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

It should be fixed by making a small change in the original content and then updating the page.

I tried to update your sidebar title but it did not even update in the original page.
I updated here : hidden link
I do not see the updated text here: hidden link

I am not sure if I am updating the correct page.

The solution in the summary of this ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-of-the-contents-are-duplicated-in-the-translation-page/ should solve your issue as well.

Could you please try that on the correct page and let me know.

You can refer the solution of this as well: https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/content-of-translation-not-showing-only-title-of-the-page/

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Heading and button in the sidebar can't be translated’ is closed to new replies.