This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jannekeW 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 6:51 am

jannekeW

Hi,

I'm struggeling with the translated (into German) heading tags.

I've noticed for months now that the heading tags won't stick if I change the normal text into headings, like hidden link. There should be a couple of heading tags, but they can't be saved/aren't vissible.

I've saved it, refreshed the page and cleared the cache, tried everything. Strangely it is not in every text, Just in some categories.

Could you give me an advice?

September 26, 2018 at 2:03 am #2765503

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

September 26, 2018 at 9:07 am #2766548

jannekeW

Hi Bruno,

I've attached the image. Often when I change a plain text into a heading tag, I first see it, but a couple of days or weeks later it seems to be in plain text gain. So the heading text won't stick. I've changed the heading texts over and over again, but only result for a short period.

With kind regards,
Janneke

September 27, 2018 at 4:15 am #2769292

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Janneke,

Bruno is currently offline , and i will be taking over the ticket to continue support

is this happening with the default language , translated language or both languages ?

have you tried with WPML deactivated or with a minimal environment ?

September 27, 2018 at 7:01 am #2769471

jannekeW

Hi Bobby,

This occurs only in the translated language. Until now it is still sticking since my last attempt. ;-)... I haven't tried it with WPML deactivated or with a minimal environment. I will look into it every week to check the status...

September 27, 2018 at 5:44 pm #2771430

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

no need to try with WPML deactivated as it does happen in the secondary language but i do highly recommend testing with a minimal environment (leaving WPML activated, deactivating 3rd party plugins ) to test for any compatibility issues that might be caused by a 3rd party plugin.

at the moment , is the styling sticking or did it change again ?

September 28, 2018 at 7:41 am #2772762

jannekeW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 8, 2018 at 10:53 am #2795666

jannekeW

Hi Bobby,

The styling changed again into normal. H1 and H2 disappeared again. See hidden link

Kind regards, Janneke