Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 6, 2021 at 3:32 pm #8475033

tessH-2

Hi Marcos,

We did that and it went well. But the status update email is still in Dutch instead of German. Should we do something else also or?

April 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm #8485183

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know if it helps to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

April 11, 2021 at 8:50 am #8509467

tessH-2

Hi, its stil not working. It worked 1 time and than it went back to the problem again. Tomorrow i will check with the man that did the php part for me but the cleaning robot is mailing me constantly so i dont want this to end yet. Problem is not solved yet.

April 13, 2021 at 1:28 pm #8525715

tessH-2

Hi Marcus,

Its stil not working. The only difference is that the website in the testwebsite is english by default and our website is Dutch. Is it possible that that causes the issue? We thought that it had something to do with the update of the theme but we checked and that was not it.. I hope you can help me.

April 14, 2021 at 2:12 am #8529999

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I proceeded with the exact same tests in your website and I don't see any issue, as you can confirm in the attached screenshots. All the emails are properly translated and they are being sent in the language set for the user. Here are the details of my test:

1 - I got logged in your WordPress Dashboard.

2 - I reviewed the settings at WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > Emails > Status Notification everything is setup properly.

3 - I rewiewed the notification text from WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation under the 'woocommerce-b2b' text domain, everything is properly translated.

4 - From your WordPress Dashboard > Users I chose my user 'Marcos' as a test to trigger the notification emails, then, I changed language for this issue and selected 'inactive/active' for this user, when doing so, I see the correct emails at my email inbox.

Do you see anything different? What is still missing? Can you please, record your screen while reproducing the the issue? You can use hidden link, it will help me to understand which approach you are trying and the issue you still have.

Thank you for your collaboration and continued patience, have a nice day.

german_screen.png
engish_screen.png
dutch_screen.png
April 14, 2021 at 12:46 pm #8535461

tessH-2

hidden link

This is the german one. As u can see the welcome message is in german but the status update is not. Thanks for helping.

April 16, 2021 at 1:17 am #8549837

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I watched the video and you are not following the right procedures, when you click to activate the user, you change the user language, however you don't save this change, instead you just change to the german language and then activate the user.

Please, save the language change, before the user activation, otherwise you are telling WordPress to send the status update email in the site default language which is dutch, not german.

Please, take a look at my step by step screenshots, describing the correct approach. Hope it helps, have a nice day.

step_04.png
step_03.png
step_02.png
step_01.png
result.png