This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 30, 2019 at 7:09 am #3142408

raviS-4

I'm trying to create xml file.
I want ur guidance so that I don't make a big mistake.

January 30, 2019 at 5:16 pm #3145220

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please share more details about the requirement for the better understanding. Check the following documentation for the initial guidance.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 31, 2019 at 4:56 am #3146414

raviS-4

While creating the xml file, can I simply add all the checkboxes of post type, admint text etc. ?

I did that for now.

Hope I'm going right!

January 31, 2019 at 11:53 am #3147675

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Are you using our *Multilingual Tools* plugin? It will help you to generate WPML configuration file. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/

If you are still having the issue, please share more details about the requirement for a better understanding. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 31, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3148237

raviS-4

Yup. That's what I'm doing.
Following that guide and using Multilingual Tools plugin.

But, u didn't answer my question yet. I repeat:-

While creating the xml file, can I simply tick all the checkboxes of post type, admint text etc. to add them ?
The guide shows to tick only a few which are required.
I don't know correctly which ones will be right for me. So, I ticked and added all of them.

I just wanna confirm if I'm doing right !

January 31, 2019 at 5:39 pm #3149103

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please choose the checkbox of relevant Post Types, Taxonomies, Custom fields and Admin texts. Then click on *Generate* button.

Please check the following images for more details and let me know your feedback.

hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 31, 2019 at 6:19 pm #3149331

raviS-4

Is there any problem if I tick all of them and add all of them ?

That's what I'm asking !

The pics of that guide u have shown are specific to the sample shown in that guide only. It won't work with mine exactly.

January 31, 2019 at 7:05 pm #3149513

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please choose the checkbox of relevant/required items. Otherwise, you will have a very long configuration file with unnecessary fields.

If you are still having the issue, please share more details about the exact task for a better idea. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Help for config xml file’ is closed to new replies.