This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 9:09 pm #4184419

anthonyC-24

- Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am gonna translate custom post type from English into French and Catalans.

- Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have followed lots of forums to translate custom post pages.
as you can see attached image1, I have installed collection section with custom post type.
I need to translate them into French and Catalans.
translating into Catalans is working well, but translating into French isn't working ..
I don't know what the reason is..

- Is there a similar example that we can see?
I will show you the screenshots in attached files.

- What is the link to your site?
cirtek.fr
cirtek.fr/?lang=fr
cirtek.fr/?lang=ca

July 10, 2019 at 9:47 pm #4184617

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

Can you please mention how are you translating those content? Were you able to see the image field when translating the content?

Best,

July 11, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4190845

anthonyC-24

Hello Rajeeb Banstola

thanks for your contact.

I can't see images in translated pages, I don't know the reason why they are not showed when they are translated.
Besides that, i can't see any option to translate theme contents.
I have tried to find any function to translate all contents of onepress theme in the "string translation" but couldn't search any texts of "section content" of theme..

I am gonna show you screenshots..
I am looking forward to hearing solution soon..

thanks

July 11, 2019 at 11:18 pm #4193481

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I reviewed the screenshots and also found that OnePress theme is indeed compatible with WPML.

https://wpml.org/theme/onepress/

So, it should be working out of the box. If you cannot find a specific theme option you would like to have translated, you can follow the instructions to make those options translateable:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/#finding-the-theme-options-and-making-them-translatable

Once you have done the changes, all the new strings should be available in WPML - String Translation - under 'admin_texts_onepress' domain

Let me know if this helps.

July 13, 2019 at 8:24 pm #4204081

anthonyC-24

Hi Rajeeb Banstola
Thanks for your kind reply.

I have tried to find section contents on "string translation" of WPML, but can't see any texts of sections

and Especially, I can 't see any images on the French-translated page.
and date is showed in wrong style as shown in attached image.
screenshot 2, 4 are English pages, 1, 3 are French ones.

would you please tell me why images don't appear in French?

Thanks

July 16, 2019 at 2:36 am #4215287

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would need more details to debug this further.

Please provide me your WordPress login details. I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I can have access to it.

July 31, 2019 at 2:25 am #4311183

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for the login details.

I reviewed your site and found you were using ACF fields and Custom Post Type for the content on your homepage which is not being translated.

In order to make ACF work with WPML, you need a glue-plugin called Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual. You can download it from your WPML Account.

Please follow the instructions on this page to translate the content for each collection and let me know if you need any other help.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Best,