This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3704535

Mario Hodzelmans

Using: WPML, Woocommerce, WP All import, custom values

1. Example product front- Showing custom fields

The first image shows an example of a product, the content at the moment is based on custom values -> see 3.

See 3. Woocommerce - Add New Custom Field

I am synchronizing stock information and "Distributor information" based on SKU to custom values.

Now the Product SKU should stay the same in English, German and French, because this is the unique value from an external software.

While updating at the moment (only in English) I was using SKU as "Unique key", but if I have, like in this case 3 languages and the SKU isn't unique anymore.
Could I push WP All import to check all the products SKU and update them in all languages, instead of using it as unique value?

Or is it possible to maybe clone/mirror custom values to another language?

April 30, 2019 at 11:52 am #3710751

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

While updating at the moment (only in English) I was using SKU as "Unique key", but if I have, like in this case 3 languages and the SKU isn't unique anymore.
Could I push WP All import to check all the products SKU and update them in all languages, instead of using it as unique value?

I am sorry I could understand this properly, are you trying to use WP ALL IMPORT to update SKU on all langauges without using the unique value in those languages? I don't think it's possible to update something without specifying a unique value to check.

Or is it possible to maybe clone/mirror custom values to another language?

You can copy, translate, copy once the custom fields values to the translated languages, more details here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Help suggestion to get same SKU (in more languages) showing same custom values’ is closed to new replies.