This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 2, 2018 at 3:15 pm #1937165

tonP

Hi im using wpml on this site hidden link its an multilingual website. 5 languages.

Im also using Yoast. Ive made a sitemap with hidden link and added the combined.xml to google search console. But im still seeing not the results I should see. Also I have translated the general meta descriptions in the different in the WPML string translations.

when I want to change a meta description in for example German on a specific page Im still seeing the original dutch metadescription in the yoast box. And not the translated one thats was in the string translation.

The different languages are not showing up in the google search results. Google dutch shows a mix of dutch and English metadescriptions. Any Ideas what im doing wrong?

May 3, 2018 at 11:38 pm #1967162

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

Is this problem happening just on the homepage or is it happening on the other pages as well? The internal pages (different from the homepage) should be translated by the translation pages and not by String Translation.

Also, on the mixed pages, this may be happening by the redirect feature. You can see more in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/how-browser-language-redirect-affects-google-indexing/

When I access your site I see that a redirect is happening (my browser is set to English). That way, this redirect can cause these issues in the Google crawler, as explained in our documentation.

To resolve this issue, you should turn off redirection and wait for Google to re-index your pages to see if the problem persists.

- Click on the WPML > Languages > Browser language redirect
- Select the "Disable browser language redirect" option
- Click on the "Save" button

Also, please, what is the version of WPML and WP are you using? I would like to know more about your installation. Can you please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below? http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Help using Yoast & WPML for a multilingual website’ is closed to new replies.