Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
May 1, 2017 at 12:22 pm #1265438

kaerinL

I am having an issue with the languages per directories will not function
When WPML accesses hidden link it gets:
HTTP code: 500 (Internal Server Error)
The expected value is:
<!--hidden link;

May 1, 2017 at 1:51 pm #1265495

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

500 error that there is an error in the PHP code that your site runs. When errors are not caught, the server stops everything and returns a page that says “500 error” or an empty page. Different servers are configured to display these errors slightly differently, but they all mean the same – there is an unhandled PHP error in the site’s code.

First, you need to see what the errors are. The first step is to enable debug. You can do this by adding a few lines to the site’s wp-config.php file. With error log enabled, you will see what the actual problem is.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Also, please go over this article that explains what might be the reasons:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/cannot-activate-language-directories/

Let me know what you see after the debug mode has been enabled.

The topic ‘[Closed] Help with languages per directories will not function’ is closed to new replies.