This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by bramC-3 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 2, 2020 at 2:08 pm #6275089

bramC-3

I've purchased your plugin and did install it.
Now I realize I should have purchased the CMS version, and not the blog one.

Could you please advise me the best way to do the upgrade. I have already installed the blog-version of the WPML plugin.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bram

June 2, 2020 at 2:23 pm #6275187

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Bram,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While one of my teammates takes care of your case I will provide you with the first debugging steps.

If you want to update your Multilingual Blog license, you only need t visit your WPML profile. In your account, you will have the opportunity to upgrade your license paying only the difference.
As WPML core is the same, you will only need to download the other extensions your project need.

Let us know if it helps.
Andrés

June 3, 2020 at 2:59 pm #6285123

bramC-3

Hello Andrés,

Thank you for your help. I translated the website to English version today. Everything works fine, but I can't get the blog posts and portfolio items to show on my new language website. I've translated all possible strings, categories and so on. Could you please advise me how I can fix this. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bram

June 3, 2020 at 9:05 pm #6287487

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I would like to take care of your ticket from now. Thank you for following Andrés instructions.

Is the content already translated? For example, for blog or portfolio content, are you already translated? Can you translate this type of content on the page?

If you are talking about a custom post type, you can make this content translatable by following the steps in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

June 4, 2020 at 7:44 am #6290559

bramC-3

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I have translated everything from pages to posts to portfolio items.
Also the categories and tags have been translated.

But I can't get the blogposts to show in the translated version.
The portfolio items also don't show, but I can already see the titles and the filter is working.

Can you please advise how I can get the blog posts and portfolio items to show in the translated version. I am using the H-code child-theme. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bram

June 4, 2020 at 4:52 pm #6297263

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

June 4, 2020 at 7:43 pm #6298387

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

I noticed that some elements were not defined correctly in the secondary language. Just as the images are not synchronized in the languages.

1. The elements (posts and portfolio) were not selected in the English language. I will attach two images for you to see (homepage.png and homepage-2.png).

-- Note that in English, it was selected as "All Tags", when you should be selecting the corresponding tag for the Portfolio in English. I fixed it and it's already working.

2. The same thing happens with Blog posts. Note that the selected version is the version that is in the default language, instead of the secondary language (English).

-- As a test, I selected a post in English and the content was displayed on the home page.

3. Both the images in the portfolio and the blog were not added in the secondary language. I noticed that these images are not being synchronized. I synced on a post ("WHY VIDEO ANIMATION CAN BE INTERESTING TODAY") and it is being displayed correctly on the secondary language front end. You must keep these images in sync so that they are displayed in both languages.

-----

To fix the problems, access the page in the secondary language and edit the same way you do with the primary language.

=> Blog Posts
- Click on the Pages > All Pages
- Switch to the English (use the top bar)
- Click to edit the Home Page
- On the Blogs entries, select the desired posts in English (look at the "homepage-2.png")
- Click on the Save

=> Images
- On the Posts > All Pages (and Portfolio > All Projects)
- Make sure to configure the options to synchronize the images and update the original content and the translation (look at the attached image "portfolio.png")

After following these steps, the content should be displayed correctly on your website.

Thank you.

June 5, 2020 at 6:05 pm #6307837

bramC-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!