This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate hero slider on home

Solution: In this case it seems that the strings were registered in the wrong language, for instance: the string "LAS COSAS QUE HACEMOS" was registered in English instead of Spanish. You can see this issue in WPML -> String Translation.

To fix this problem I recommend you to follow this steps to change the original language of the strings: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings and then translate the strings.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 1, 2019 at 10:08 am

alexC-46

I am trying to: translate hero slider on home

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The slider translated corretly

Instead, I got: In the third language the slider doesn't show and in the second language show the third... I've tried to change and create another slider with Revolution slider and the result was the same, and I tried too to create a new slider with LayerSlider, but the result was the same.... I don't understand why is this issue, because I have more slider on the page and they works correctly.

July 1, 2019 at 11:37 am #4118527

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

In this case it seems that the strings were registered in the wrong language, for instance: the string "LAS COSAS QUE HACEMOS" was registered in English instead of Spanish. You can see this issue in WPML -> String Translation.

To fix this problem I recommend you to follow this steps to change the original language of the strings: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#original-language-of-strings and then translate the strings.

Could you tell me if the issue disappeared?

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 2, 2019 at 8:43 am #4125017

alexC-46

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 2, 2019 at 9:29 am #4125375

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos