This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Some elements of my page builder are missing on the translation editor.

Solution: If the strings are not being displayed on the translation editor, probably they are not registered for translation yet. In this case we have 2 options:

Option #1: Translate using the manual editor:

- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).

- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar

- Select your editor preferences and save

- Edit the translation

Option #2: Register the elements for translation:

In this case we need to check the theme code and shortcodes in order to register it using wpml-config.xml: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yannB-15 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 1:31 pm #3749009

yannB-15

I am translating my website from English to Italian. I have some problems with my homepage. My questions and problems are:

1)Where can I translate the content of my hero slider? Can you explain me how to do it?

2)I must insert links in the "industrie" section (Italian version) so that people can learn more when they click there. For example if someone clicks on " Asset manager" he will go to asset manager page.

3)How can I insert the link "contatti" in my page "contatti"?

4) How can I translate privacy policy and GDPR in Italian (section"contattaci" in the homepage)?

What is the link to your site?
English: hidden link
Italian: hidden link

Thanks in advance,
Evelyn

May 6, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3749521

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @yannb-15, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please take a look at this guide to see how to translate posts and pages: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/

If the strings are not being displayed on the translation editor, probably they are not registered for translation yet. In this case we have 2 options:

Option #1: Translate using the manual editor:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar
- Select your editor preferences and save
- Edit the translation

Option #2: Register the elements for translation:
In this case we need to check the theme code and shortcodes in order to register it using wpml-config.xml: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Could you please try hte option #1 to see if it works for you? If not please let us know and we will investigate further.

All the best,
Diego

May 9, 2019 at 7:40 am #3773813

yannB-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!