This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 4:06 pm #4036871

anG

I am trying to: I received help the first time from a person I knew who filled in theire email adress. I changed the settings from my account to my email adress but the person that helped me still receive the email and need evritime to send it to me. Could you help me change it.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

June 17, 2019 at 11:02 pm #4038961

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Are you referring to emails regarding the support or WPML translation jobs ?

for support we have the following email attached to your account xanderkemps@hotmail.co

For the plugin notifications please go to WPML->Settings -> Translation Notifications (tab) -> check your settings there and review them.

now go back to WPML->Translation Management-> review your Translation Managers and Translators

are any of these the previous user?

Also go to your User profile and verify that the correct email is set within it.

June 28, 2019 at 11:33 am #4106935

anG

It's the news that I receive that is send to the email adres: annekegeens@hotmail.com
She helpt with me in the first registration and payment. Now she keeps on receiving news in here email adress that she then need to send to me. I changed this account in support from annekegeens@hotmail.com to xanderkemps@hotmail.com.

Last email that was sended to here was at 26/06/2019 :

Hi An,

Are you missing out on thousands of dollars by not charging high enough rates?

Check out our WordPress Marketing podcast as we speak to software consultant and freelance expert, Andy Adams. Andy explains how to set your rates, the best way to win jobs, how to discover the best quality freelance projects and much more.

If you prefer, you can also read the interview.

This episode is the first in a series of podcasts in which we interview some of the leading figures in the WordPress world to find out exactly what they did to reach the top. If you’re looking for proven ways to market your business, win more clients and scale your company (among other business needs) then this podcast is for you.

So that you don’t miss out, make sure to subscribe by clicking the “Sign up for updates” button.

And if you feel that you have some valuable expertise to offer to the WordPress world you can apply to be a guest on a future episode.

Happy listening!

Could you help me with changing that?
Thank you, greetings

June 28, 2019 at 6:58 pm #4109957

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

i am not familiar with this specific email but if you believe that we have the wrong email for this specific account for the news and not for any translation jobs (controlled from within WPML) i believe contacting our Accounts team might be the best option here

=> https://wpml.org/home/contact-us/contact-form/

The topic ‘[Closed] Hi, I receive wpml emails to the wrong email adress even after settings change’ is closed to new replies.