This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4060163

pierluigiL

I'm trying to put the Italian and English flag (without text) in the menu at the top next to the phone number or alternatively in the Product Category Sidebar widget. Does not display anything, why?
thank you

June 21, 2019 at 2:15 am #4063887

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I was able to see both Italian and English flag on the sidebar of this link - hidden link

Since the switcher is working on this page, please make sure you have added a language switcher to menu from WPML - Menu Language switcher. Also, please make sure you have made the your post types and taxonomies translatable from WPML - Settings - Post Types Translation.

Let me know if this helps!

June 21, 2019 at 6:27 am #4064849

pierluigiL

Hi Rajeeb,
thanks for the reply, but I think I did everything.
in the "aaaaa" file you can see the configuration, I tried to put it in the top menu but it doesn't work (I would the flags in all my website).
I am attaching the "bbbbb" file to see the optimal position where I would like the flags.
Thanks for collaboration

June 25, 2019 at 12:28 am #4080211

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would like to request your WordPress login details in order to debug this issue better.

IMPORTANT: Please make a backup before providing the details.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

June 26, 2019 at 6:08 am #4089237

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

The theme you are using supports WPML. I went to Appearance - Theme Options - Header - Header Language and enabled it.

Then went to WPML - Languages - Customize language selectors - Skills - Customize and customized the language switcher.

Now I can see the language switcher on the header.

However, it seems many of your pages do not have English translations, which is why the English flag doesn't appear. Please add translations for the English language and see if you can see the flag.

Let me know if this helps!

June 26, 2019 at 6:35 am #4089283

pierluigiL

ok thank you Rajeeb
it works
WPML doesn't have a machine translation, so I have to translate pages and articles by hand, is that correct?

June 27, 2019 at 7:17 am #4097237

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

WPML actually supports machine translation. You need to enable Advanced Translation Editor to use the machine translation feature.

You can find more information on machine translation and Advanced Editor on below links:

https://wpml.org/faq/does-wpml-support-machine-translation/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Let me know if you need any other help!

June 27, 2019 at 9:29 am #4098543

pierluigiL

Ok very thank you
Is there a way to keep the layout style of the original page?
example -> home page is italian -> I translate in english -> I' have to configure left column
... is there a possibility to avoid the last step?
thank you and have a good day

June 27, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4101123

pierluigiL

other question please: after 140 product in english, import stopping and this is the error

Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:56:41 GMT [error] [client 83.211.79.2] - hidden link - AH01215: WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query SELECT count(object_id) FROM wp_term_relationships WHERE object_id = 42303 AND term_taxonomy_id IN () made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, PMXI_Plugin->adminInit, PMXI_Admin_Import->process, PMXI_Import_Record->process, wp_update_post, wp_insert_post, do_action('save_post'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WCML_Synchronize_Product_Data->synchronize_products, WCML_Synchronize_Variations_Data->sync_product_variations_custom_data, WCML_Products->is_variable_product: /web/htdocs/www.funware.it/home/wp-admin/admin.php, referer hidden link

June 28, 2019 at 5:46 am #4104565

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please follow the instructions here on translating pages made with pagebuilder. This will make sure the layout is also copied to your secondary languages.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

In order to help you better, can you please create a new ticket for the issue with product import? This will allow users facing the same issues to search and find solution.

Best,