Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 9:50 am #4937045

yinonz

hi
i am trying to translate my wordpress site. when i started a few days ago it all went great. i was able to translate most of my products and started translating my pages. but as im attempting to translate pages currently it wont let me. as im pressing the editting option next to the page im trying to translate it wont let me edit the page and will not take me to the translate page builder.

November 13, 2019 at 11:57 am #4938635

yinonz

its really shameful that it takes you so long to get back to your costumers. literally over 2 hours since i asked for help and i still got zero response. your plugin has been bugging my entire site and isnt working properly since this morning. costumers cant purchase stuff and you just let your costumers wait for hours to get help even though i literally paid for your assistance while purchasing this service.

November 13, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4941923

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am sorry that you had to wait but for the moment, as you can see at the top notification on this page, we are having a pretty full queue so we are not able to answer on tickets as fast as we are usually able to.

1. Can you please tell me what exact page/pages are you trying to translate and it's not working?

2. From what I can read in your second reply, it seems that you are also encountering other issues (customers are not able to buy products) - our support policy allows us to take care of only one issue per ticket so can you please create a new ticket for the new issue that you are encountering?

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Thank you for your understanding.

3. I would also like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 18, 2019 at 11:53 am #4964719

yinonz

hi,
my site is all screwed up since the moment i started using your software. every single page thats supposed to be translated and be multilingual is severely malfunctioning. i had no choice but to dissable the translated language and rewind my site.

i dont fully understand everything you wrote. im not an english native speaker and dont understand all the terminology you used and what it is exactly that i am supposed to do.
please, dont keep me hanging for days. my site is all messed up with your software and i need it resolved as fast as possible

also, can you please enable the private box so that i could give you my information ?

November 18, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4966437

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and welcome back.

1. Can you please try to respond to my question from point number 1 in my reply above?

2. I am activating again the private fields (you should see them below, if you don't see them, please try to use a different browser).

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 19, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4975001

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your detailed answer!

I was able to log into the backend so I will need to spend more time investigating this.

I am still leaving the ticket assigned to myself and as soon as I have more information, I will get back to you.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4982789

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

It is very weird that on the front-end, I see 2 times the same English flag in the language switcher (attaching screenshot below).

Can you please:

1. Create a full backup of the current site
2. Go here (hidden link) and update all the WPML plugins to the latest version.

Please let me know when that's done.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 22, 2019 at 10:21 am #4995975

yinonz

Hi.
i sent you an email reply on the 20th saying i did it, hope you recieved it
any news?

thanks very much

best regards

yinon

November 22, 2019 at 4:34 pm #5000595

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your confirmation.

Unfortunately, I did not see any email in my inbox - I am not sure it got to me - but now, that you wrote to me here, I know that you did the backup.

I will spend some more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I am leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

November 25, 2019 at 7:26 pm #5016597

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your amazing patience.

So here is what I was able to see until now.

First of all, from what I can see, the Hebrew language was hidden so that is why the flag was not showing up into the language switcher at the top.

Also, regarding the language switcher, it seems that the one we see at the top-left side of the page it is loaded/displayed by the theme somehow and it's not displayed by using the WPML default language switcher code (that is why we have the "English" flag showing up twice - I think there might be a place for you in the theme settings where you can hide that).

As it is mentioned here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/compatible-issue-with-flatsome-theme/#post-3031040), Flatsome is not part of the official WPML-compatible themes directory so there might be some incompatibilities happening at the moment as the theme might not be fully-compatible with WPML.

Regarding this matter, I'd suggest you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Now, after I un-hide the Hebrew language, things look ok for me (for the homepage for example - hidden link). From what I can see, the text is automatically displaying to RTL (right to left) format.

However, I do see that the content is not showing up for translation in the translation page (for example on the homepage translation page here - hidden link) so for enabling that content to show up, you would need to follow the process mentioned in the link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ (I added a screenshot, too).

Also, you don't have to necessarily use that method and I think that if you follow the duplication process in the link below when translating pages, that would do the job well, too:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

By using this method, you will be able to duplicate a current page and then change the content on the translation edit page by using the exact content builder interface that you used for the default language content.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Please let me know if you still need help with anything regarding these matters.

Kind regards,
Mihai