This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by wdburgdorf 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 8, 2016 at 9:19 am #877628

mikeF-6

I am trying to: create a multilingual website using Gantry 5 and WPML
I have read numerous (older) threads suggesting that there are conflicts and wanted confirmation either way.

Thankyou

May 9, 2016 at 8:38 pm #878665

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Mike, thank you for contacting WPML support.

Gantry 5 is on our list of compatible plugins https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/ and was tested as recently as February of this year.

July 5, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4152125

wdburgdorf

Actually, Gantry 4 is on the list, not Gantry 5. It has just taken me a lot of time and the help of a Gantry expert to get the logo to have the correct link for all languages. And as it seems, none of the Gantry particles can be translated without editing the particle source code. WPML works with Gantry 5 otherwise, but still, I'd NOT call Gantry 5 and WPML compatible. Without translatable particles, using Gantry makes no sense on a multilanguage site. Unless you are really into Gantry 5 development and know what you're doing ...