This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My Footer Menu can't be translated neither Automatic Sync nor Manually - Can't see any option over there. The footer menu is added through some widgets. I want to translate menus manually - I'm trying menu on my home page and home page is translated complete except footer.

Solution: You can go to Dashboard → Appearance → Menus, select the menus added to the footer widgets, and add a translation for each language. You can see all the languages on the right side of the page, right at the top of the whole section where the menu items are. From here you can either edit existing translations of the menu or add a new translation.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by taimurM 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 6:53 am #4515759

taimurM

Hi my Footer Manu can't be translated neither Automatic Sync nor Manually - Can't see any option over there

1- When I try to translate in Arabic manually it shows nothing in Arabic
2- WhenI Tried to sync them auto still Menu is not visible there As you can see Screen Shots

September 5, 2019 at 7:21 am #4516081

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at the footer menu and see why it cannot be translated, please? I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out together.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 6, 2019 at 11:23 am #4525029

taimurM

Hello Sir When gonna reply back ?

September 6, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4525311

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I just had a look at your website and I could see that you created two menus and assigned to the footer widgets (see the attached screenshot).

However, I think that the problem here is that the pages that you're using on the menus are not translated. Can you try to create a translation for all the pages from the footer menu, and try again the Menu Sync option, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 6, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4525457

taimurM

Well I want to transllate menus manually - I'm trying menu on my home page and home page is translated complete except footer.

September 6, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4525461

taimurM

No I have assigned Footer menu #2 on all 3 columns of widgets as shown in screen shot

September 6, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4525513

taimurM

When I click on Edit Translation in Arabic I don't see any menu here ? Even I selected Footer Menu# 2 from here

September 8, 2019 at 10:21 pm #4532597

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked the translation of the Footer Menu #2 in Arabic right here hidden link and I can see that the footer menu is now translated. Can you tell me if this what you wanted to do? Basically, you manually added the menu items, as you asked for in your last messages.

Thanks,
Radu

September 10, 2019 at 1:34 am #4540753

taimurM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!